07 | bad first impression

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

↱  in whichthere's something there

↱  in which
there's something there

   SCARLETT WAS PLAYING A CRUEL GAME.

On one hand, she'd been in the same compartment as Harry Potter's rival for quite a while; and on the other, just about every single thing she owned was in a compartment all the way across the train in which Harry Potter himself stayed.

Slytherins, that's what the group was. Which, in her opinion, sounded like the coolest house name by far.

Even if the time she'd spent in the Slytherin-filled compartment was hands down the best time she'd had since she'd been there, it still felt a little like betrayal. Scarlett wouldn't consider the Gryffindor trio her friends, but they'd still been just as great to her.

The Slytherin girls had all gone to the lavatory to change into their new uniforms, and they definitely weren't ideal to Scarlett. She wore a white button down and grey tie tucked into her dark grey skirt, with her long grey socks and just about the only familiar thing she wore, her black converse.

They went back to the compartment, laughing to themselves about how much they hated the uniforms. Except, the girls were wearing robes with a Slytherin crest.

At the moment, she was choosing the Slytherins over the Gryffindors solely because the group was far more entertaining. Besides one egotistical blonde boy who she later found out was Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy was the worst.

In record time, he'd pointed out her accent, insulted her accent, then moved on to talk about his father's job on the school board.

Well, he tried to.

In no time, Ariah had shut him down completely.

Even though she was grateful for the dark haired girl, Scarlett couldn't help but wonder what the trio was doing and if their compartment consisted of less arrogant rich boys.

"So you speak French? Like, fully speak and understand it?" Theodore Nott asked.

Scarlett blinked. "I've lived there my entire life."

In the course of the time they'd been on the train, everyone had moved seats and Scarlett was able to start up a conversation with mostly everyone. Theodore was funny.

"You were popular in Beauxbatons, weren't you," he suggested rather than asked.

"I wish," she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Theodore turned his head to look straight across from him rather than next to him at Scarlett.

"So, obviously, you're hoping for Slytherin?"