17 | no time for breaks!

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

↱  in whichshe's not a gryffindor

in which
she's not a gryffindor

  THERE WERE A FEW remarkable events leading up to the scariest moment of Scarlett's life.

After getting physically assaulted by a tree, she, Harry, and Hermione had to find a way to help Ron, who was being dragged down a small entrance in the roots by that massive dog.

That little orange ball of fur zoomed past them again, and pressed a thick paw to a knot in the root of the tree. Abruptly, the tree froze.

Scarlett heaved a sigh, glancing down at her shirt that had been slightly ripped on her abdomen.

"Crookshanks!" Hermione panted, gripping Scarlett's arm painfully hard. "How did he know..?"

"He and that dog are friends, let's go," Harry commanded, approaching the base of the tree.

Maybe things were different at Hogwarts, but she usually didn't run straight into danger . You could say she wasn't brave, but it was more like she cared about her own well being.

"I'll go get help," Scarlett whispered uncertainly, ripping her arm out of Hermione grasp.

"You're leaving?" Harry turned to look back at her as if she just died and came back to life.

His words directly translated to: You're a coward.

She didn't need to be risking her life her first year at Hogwarts. These kinds of things were meant for people like Harry. Besides, she already had her own things to be worrying about.

Was she a coward?

Scarlett sighed deeply, which hurt quite a bit considering the gash in stomach.

    THE RUN THROUGH the dimly lit tunnel was torturous considering she was in constant pain from her injury as she crouched to avoid the muddy roof.

Scarlett blindly followed Hermione, glancing back every few seconds as if someone was going to come up behind her.

The lump in her throat only let up when the tunnel heightened so she could stand straight up.

The trio emerged into a room. The wallpaper was peeling, the floors were stained, and all the furniture was either broken or dirty. Scarlett had only seen one other place that compared to the state of this one: her home. The Home.