21 | everything and nothing has changed

↱  in whichhe has to rememberhe hates her

↱  in which
he has to remember
he hates her

   THE THREE TIMES she glared at him had been replaying in his mind the entire day.

The first time Harry saw Scarlett was when he was out with Ron and Hermione. They'd just arrived at the Quidditch World Cup and Mr. Weasley needed water for his new Muggle kettle so he sent the three of them to go fetch some.

On the way, they'd seen a bunch of people from Hogwarts, one of them being Seamus whose mother made them swear they were rooting for Ireland.

And of course, he saw her. Her and all her Slytherin friends were standing right in front of them in line for the same piece of merchandise. The most excruciating thing? She hadn't even spared him a glance, yet he hadn't taken his eyes off of her since he spotted her. He hated it. He hated the fact that she took up so many of his thoughts and she couldn't even look at him.

The biggest change Scarlett had over the summer were the wispy bangs curling on her forehead. If Harry wasn't so angry with her, he'd say she looked nice. Other than that, her hair was longer and her eyes glowed with their usual hazel color.

Scarlett had fallen out of the conversation with her friends and was taking in her surroundings when they finally made eye contact. What Harry didn't understand was how she could look so horribly beautiful with so much hatred in her eyes.

Harry couldn't stand to see her face. A year ago, if he'd even thought that he'd immediately think he was going insane. But now, since the only eye contact they ever made was glaring, he was sure of himself. Whenever he thought back to the night Sirius escaped he felt a surge of anger.

Her pretty face just made him want to hate her more. Harry knew he had to ignore the galaxy of freckles on her face (they were very prominent along her nose and cheeks), the way her hazel eyes burned with a fury he'd never seen before, and how when she said his name she couldn't quite pronounce the H with her accent.

So he ignored it and scowled back at her, his mind clouded with her words: 'I hate you.'

"When are you gonna lay off it, mate?" Ron's voice made him rip his gaze off of her hazel eyes.

"What?"

"Yeah, Harry, you two should really apologize," Hermione commented, glancing pointedly from him to Scarlett.

Harry hadn't yet told them the whole story of what happened the night Sirius escaped for fear that they would tell him he was a complete bonehead and he was in the wrong (even though he knew he for sure wasn't).