20 | you are your biggest critic

↱  in whichshe doesn't feel like a princess

in which
she doesn't feel like a
princess

   SCARLETT STILL DIDN'T really like the color red, but how could she deny that beautiful dress?

The Nott mansion was huge. Like, the biggest house she'd ever stepped into. So much so that it rivaled her old caretakers' mansion.

It was a huge manor hidden in the hills, surrounded by nothing but greenery. It had a large fountain splitting the stone pathway leading to the grand door. The lawn was beautifully kept as if it'd been perfected by scissors. There was window upon window which allowed tons of natural light to grace the marble flooring, but still the house seemed cold.

It was empty apart from the three members of the Nott family.

"You're house is huge? Do you ever get lost? Have you been in every room? How long does it take to clean?"

"Woah, Frenchie, one at a time." Theo had changed over the summer quite a bit. His face was slimmer and his hair was longer but the most noticeable thing was the height difference between him and Scarlett. She noticed that the top of her head now reached his chin.

"Can I look around?" she asked sheepishly and Theo only stared down at her (which was very strange because they used to see eye to eye).

The grand tour of the Nott manor finally came to an end when Theo opened one of the doors for Scarlett and there was a weird creature dusting the shelves.

"What is that!"

"Her name is Daisy. She's one of our house elves," Theo explained calmly like he didn't have a long eared, wrinkly, vertically challenged person in his home.

Scarlett thought she'd understood the rich after her experience with her first caretakers, but magical rich people were apparently very different. So much so that they needed elves to do their chores.

"Of course, silly me."

"Ready for dinner?"

It was a little odd, the dinner. The dining room was beautiful. A polished wooden table with a beautiful glass chandelier dangling over it. All the silverware shined brightly in the warm light, and the plates were so clean she could see herself in them.

The only thing missing from the perfect dining room were Theo's parents.

Scarlett had yet to see them at their home. She tried to make a good first impression when she met them at the train station and his mother immediately loved her. She learned that the woman made dresses for a living and she was the owner of a designer brand.