Chapter nine

Dream poked his head towards the shorter's room, it looked decently ransacked, he looked back at George giving him a nod of approval as he lead him out of the corridor, towards the main door.

None of them communicated anything to each other, they just felt the others warm hand against theirs as the younger felt so delighted getting out of his house, being led out by his saviour, for the last time. No more nagging, no more offensive comments by his brother, no more eating alone at the dining table, no more being treated like invisible in front of his foster parents, is what George thought at they neared the door.

Just in reassurance, Dream looked back at George, to see any kind of hesitation, there was none. But in that moment where the taller of the two turned his head back, he accidentally bumped into a small coffee table situated on the side of that wall, the glass vase kept on top of it, tumbled and before any of them to react, it fell to the ground making a big crash sound that echoed through the hall.

"Shit" Dream cursed under his breath.

And not soon after, he heard a click of a door, who he conceptualised as one of the members of the family reacting to the noise in their house, Dream yanked George's frail hand and darted towards the door in a sprint, he wanted to get out before anyone could spot them, he heard sounds behind him, probably the family trying to talk and react to the broken vase.

They ran and ran, until Dream spotted his black car, he let go of George's hand and ran over to the drivers side, shoved his key in and swung open the car door. When he looked over to George who he expected to open the vehicle's door as well, but in fact was standing there staring straight at him with red, watery eyes looking dazed, George would tend to freeze up if he was too scared or overwhelmed by anything, and the taller of the two caught onto that.

"Hey! Georgie get in!" Dream called out to him, but his response was a nervous look, he appeared scared and contemplating whether he should actually go through with this or not, maybe the commotion scared him, maybe hearing his family's voices while he exited was just too unbearable for him, as he was practically running away.

"Hey! This is not the time for a panic attack! Get in before they come!" The taller called out again, this time a bit more aggressively. Which was again met with a moment of silence. The taller of the two heard the main door of George's house open with more sounds emitted from that direction, and he panicked more, though his car was a bit further down the road from their block.

"I'll drop you off at your front door tomorrow if you aren't that sure about this kidnapping thing, with a 'sorry' note stuck to your forehead, you won't get into trouble, but for now we need to leave, GET IN THE DAMN CAR!" Dream shouted harshly, the brunette was brought out of his state, as his turned his head to face his house giving it a last look before opening the car door and getting in, looking at whom the taller did the same. He drove off quick, disappearing from sight.

"I'm sorry" George muttered quietly while he had his head down.

Dream sighed deeply in satisfaction as he glanced at George, the younger looked a bit stunned and out of it, so he gently kept a hand on the brunette's head to calm him, to which the younger flinched a bit but eventually leaned into the hand.

"You did great, don't worry." Dream said softly in his raspy voice. Why did I praise him? He thought to himself being weirded out by his involuntary action, as he was never the person to console or pacify people, well there's a first time for everything.