Chapter twenty-seven

George slowly opens his eyes to face the ragged man, who was now on the floor bleeding severely through his head, he was not breathing anymore. Behind the now dead man stood Schlatt, with a gun in his hand with a familiar bit of smoke emitting from it. Schlatt, who George recognised vaguely because Dream had shown him a picture of his friends in the mob in which the bearded man was included.

The brunette felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around immediately to Dream who held his chest and his face spoke words of true horror, his knees finally gave in and he fell to the ground, George held his face in his hands, now sobbing terribly "keep your eyes open, please! S-stay alive.... for me" he could manage to say in the middle of sharp inhales and hiccups as Schlatt and his men lifted Dream through his shoulders and helped him walk.

Quackity ran around them to the crying brunette and helped him up as well "I-it's all my fault" George says "he... he came to rescue me... it's all my fault" his tone changed to whispers as his throat couldn't handle it anymore.

"It's not George, and he'll be fine I promise, it's not on the left side, they didn't shoot his heart" quackity tried to explain while they sit themselves in their respective cars, the blonde was taken in another, where they were currently trying to stop the constant flowing blood that poured out of Dream's chest, his eyes felt heavy and his breathing became unsteady.

Not soon after they reached the headquarters, the blonde was rushed to the medic room and put on the bed that was made with clean white sheets that didn't take much time to be painted red with blood. Still crying George and the others waited outside, the brunette held onto himself and refused to leave the spot in front of the white door of the medic room that Dream was being held in, he had to be pulled and put into another room to treat his injuries that he had sustained.

An hour had passed, and George was all wrapped up in places where he had bruises. "George" the brunette perked up at a familiar voice, he looked over to see it was Sapnap, he immediately teared up and jumped out of the bed and hugged him tight.

"I thought I'd never see you again!" George shouted while the other embraced the hug while they both became a little emotional.

"Don't say that, I'm always here for you"

"But- but Dream, he's hurt, it's bad" he exclaims as he cries more "it's my fault, but Sapnap I-"

"You what? George, tell me"

"I love him, I love him so much"

"And he did it cause he loves you too" Sapnap wipes the brunette's tears "do you want to show him your crying face when he wakes up?" George looks away in response "he will surely be mad at you if he knew that you were blaming yourself for his injury" they both snicker at the statement and George heads back to Dream's room.

Dream lies there in clean sheets, with a bare chest wrapped in neat white bandages, he still hasn't come to. The younger sits next to him and lays his head on the bed. He traces Dream well defined arm along his muscles to his hands, feels his veins then locks his fingers with the taller's hand.

The bullet was removed safely from his chest and his heartbeat was stabilised, but he hasn't returned completely, George wishes that he would wake up soon as he hates seeing the heart monitor and the IV bags strung to him, it seems very different from his 'high and mighty' demeanour.

"Please just wake up" he whispers as he falls asleep while sitting next to Dream.