Chapter twenty-five

~ George's POV ~

The brunette's conscience returned slowly as his eyes saw only blackness, he hadn't opened them yet, he was scared and helpless. He tried to move his hands, but except his fingers nothing else moved. In dire fear he slowly let his eyes open and let himself adjust to the surrounding light.

It was dark, the walls and the floor of this room that he was kept in was grey cement, it looked like a basement, but then George noticed a half broken window and warm orange light pouring in, and through that window he could see creepers and vines holding onto the surface and moss in almost every corner of the room, it looked like he was in the middle of nowhere and the building seemed to be abandoned.

Suddenly it hit him, he was sitting on a wooden chair with his arms tied behind his back and latched onto the chair, same with his legs, panic ensued in him. He shook his hands violently, so much so that they would definitely bruise and turn purple. His eyes became watery and his head fell low as his hair covered almost his entire face.

"Oh~ look who's awake?" A stranger said, almost immediately George looked up to see the same old man that had hit him, hit... he realised he had dry blood on his forehead and cheek, he remembered the man knocking him out. He stared into the wicked eyes of the stranger.

"Why- why am I here?" The brunette slightly stuttered out.

"For very good reasons, trust me cutie" the younger flinched at the nickname, he wanted to throw up. The door to the battered room opened and three other men walked in with baseball bats in their hands, but one was a metal bar. George's panic state went through the roof as he fidgeted with his hands and legs, trying to get the rope off, which did not work in the slightest.

"What do you want?" George managed to scream out.

"Hmm" the older man in shabby clothes made a thinking motion, as if deep in contemplation "well, your parents are willing to pay a huge price for a pretty thing like you, aren't they?" He continued as the little one shook and sobbed out.

"They- they don't.... they don't care for me, they would.... never pay even a quid for me! You're wasting you time!" The younger screamed out in hiccups and sobs, they needed to know that George's parents would never pay ransom, he needed to get out.

"Oh we know..." the older man said grimly. "We know the whole ordeal, you ran away didn't you little cutie" he walked over to the brunette and lifted his chin to face the ragged man, he flinched and struggled, "it's the towns people, that gathered twenty-five thousand dollars for a person that would return you alive and well" in that moment when the man stopped his sentence, George quieted down, his sobs had halted. Now he was more scared, he wanted to go home, to Dream.

"But alive has no descriptions per say......" another man who was in the room with them said, as he raised the metal bat swinging it again on George, this time hitting his cheek bone, a cut appears and dark blood flows down his cheek, on his pants. "Well it's your bad luck I saw you getting out of your luxury car into the resort darling!" The man shouted like a maniac, and George realised why.

They were under the influence of alcohol, drugs or maybe both.

He shivered under the pain as they held his cheek up, he winced. "You ran away with your lover right? Or else how would you be able to afford the expensive car you strutted out of" the raggedy man spoke with a face that would make one disgusted, George wanted to cry for help, he wanted to cry for Dream but he knew they would only mock him and hurt him more.

They seem jealous, or envious of the brunette, he's the one that's run off even though he has a family, they probably think he's a spoiled brat that has a huge amount on his head. They wished to return him to his family and get the money that the towns people had gathered, one thing George shook vigorously about, second, they absolutely hated him for his privileges and would definitely take their anger out on him.

George felt another stinging pain on his arm, then realising he got hit with a bat, cried in pain until his throat was sore. Would Dream know where to find me? Another blow to his head made him feel dizzy but not enough to knock him out, but he felt the agony and the warm blood that flowed down from the injury. They are high or drunk enough to even kill me accidentally, will I be able to see Sapnap again?

Maybe this wasn't the way to meet Dream, he'll have to wait another lifetime for me, sorry Dream, sorry Sapnap, I can't take it anymore. Another hit to his head and George's head dipped down as his conscience faded again.