Chapter thirteen

George lazily wandered around the huge mansion that he was supposed to live in for sometime, deep into it there was a cosy looking living room, with multiple dark sofas facing to what looked like a TV, but it was so big that George thought maybe it would even count as a home theatre. The room also had a fireplace and huge glass chandeliers hanging form the high ceilings.

He walked to a modern looking kitchen next, that had multiple shelves, numerous stoves and counters, surprisingly there was no one that he had come across, maybe they've gone home? He thought.

The younger found himself climbing a set of dimly lit stairs, the place looked isolated, as he reached a dark door and opened it, he stood in front of what looked like some sort of office room. The room was fairly big and clean, it had a dark wood desk, beyond which sat an office chair, and on both sides of the room lie oak wooden shelves that held numerous books and files. The wall behind the desk was plain glass and looked upon the lush green forest. The room in general was made of mostly wood making it dark, the floor was carpeted with a thick red carpet similar to the rest of the house.

He walked over to the messy table that was littered with books and papers, he unconsciously gathered up the papers and began to tidy up the table a bit out of habit. He came across multiple photos of people, some looked like mugshots, most of the pictures of people had a red cross scratched on them which gave the younger chills, and he shivered a bit, guessing what that was meant for, and none of his guesses were positive.

In his cleaning spree, he accidentally dropped a dull red book, as it fell it opened and its pages fluttered and it dropped on the ground. A single photograph popped out of it what seemed like a old photo of a young pretty girl standing beside someone who had dirty blonde hair and freckles, someone that looked strikingly similar to Dream.

The girl looked to be about the same age as Dream, they looked eight or something close to that age, she had brown hair that reached her shoulders and was wearing a dress, the colour George could not make out, it could've been red but the old picture had withered and almost lost its colour.

The younger flipped the picture that was now in his hand, he could slightly see something written in pencil and the back.

"Clay and Anna" he read out loud as he continued talking to himself.

"if that's Dream in the photo, is his real name 'Clay'? And is that his friend?".

He picked the book that lied on the floor and flipped through more pages of what looked like a children's story book, the name in the front cover said 'Black Flowers', as the pages turned the younger noticed something else stuffed between the pages.

"Another photo" he said, as he stared at another withered photo, this one didn't look old but looked as if it was shrivelled up, of a woman, looked to be the same girl in the other, she had the same brown short hair that lied next to her shoulders but now looked to be about eighteen or nineteen, to confirm if, he turned the photo to see another hand written note.

"Anna, so it's the same girl" he paused for a moment and thought about why a photo would be hidden and preserved like this, "must be his lover" he said softly as he places the photos back and put the book back in place, he wondered what kind of person she would be to be the taller's lover, and that it was surprising to say the least that the older would preserve a photo of someone important like this, from the outside he seemed mostly heartless and unconcerned, but he did care for George a bit so maybe he would be, except the illicit and mafia part, a normal person after all.

He made his way out of the office room, realised that he was snooping, he felt bad for doing so, but these discoveries made him more curious about the blonde that was currently in his room snoring soundly.

Next he decided to walk outside to clear his mind, he was met with a beautiful garden that was very well kept, it had multiple rows of flowers and all sorts of vegetables that were grown. George thought if he was staying here for long he could just do gardening, one of the things he dearly loved doing back in his old house, he grew a lot of vegetables and flowers of his own, "thank god this time my brothers won't be there to ruin my plants" he smiled to himself and he walked around and examined the plants and already started picking out the gardening flaws and ways to improve the quality of the plants.