Chapter twenty-nine

~

A few days later.

Dream was recovering from his bullet wound and the brunette's bruises were completely healed, he took care of the blonde from day one and now he was discharged from the medic room.

"Hey buddy" Sapnap said to the blonde while he was lying down on the couch, resting. "How are you keeping up?".

"Everything is great" the blonde said nonchalantly.

"Is that because of a certain someone?"

"You didn't come visit me often when I was in the medic room.... is that because of a certain someone?" The blonde raised his eyebrow and smirked at the other.

"Shut up idiot!" Sapnap looked away in embarrassment.

"But is it true?"

"Yeah, Karl's a nice person" he said quietly.

"Nothing more?" He was stopped by the black-haired man saying 'shut up' as he laughed with Dream. The taller changed the topic to ask a very important question that was lingering in his mind for a long time "Man.... but are you sure that you're not gonna join the mafia? I know you already refused-"

"I might"

"What!?" Dream practically screamed, "before you were completely against the idea, what changed your mind?" He sat up carefully as to not further injure himself and asked.

"Now that George is involved, and the mob had really great people like Schlatt and you that are willing to help people, and Karl....." he spoke softly with a smile and that explained everything to the other that responded with a pat on the other's back. 'You're in then' is what Sapnap heard before someone knocked the door, it was Karl asking if the black-haired man wanted give him company as he worked, Sapnap nodded a 'bye' to Dream and headed out, to be with Karl.

Dream had to also go back to a certain someone that waited for him in his room.

~

A couple of days later.

Dream sat at his office with his legs rested on the table and gave off his usual confidence, he was on the phone doing his usual business. He was interrupted by George that opened the door and let himself in.

The blonde, using his hands motioned George to sit as he completed his call, the younger sat on the table looking at the other suggestively. Looking at whom Dream ended the call quicker than his standard time. "What are you up to baby?" He said with a smirk.

"I'm bored" the brunette made a fake frown and fluttered his eyelashes at the other.

The other snickered at the notion and got up, walked over to George and while placing both his hands on either side of the shorter, hovered over him. "What do you want to do?" The blonde asked softly.

George's smirk spoke more than words.

They drove into the busy part of the town, where stone buildings with creepers and flowers decorated the streets of the rural area. They visited a cafè that George called his favourite, then they took a stride along the park, went bowling and finally landed in a shopping mall, all George's idea, the other just went along with it.

Dream urged the other to buy whatever he pleases, but George refused anything that was very expensive and was forced to buy things that perked his interest. They were about to exit the shopping centre when the blonde halted in his tracks.

"Wait, I need to buy you a ring" he said as he walked towards the inside of the shopping centre.

"It's too early for that!" George scolded as he held Dream's hand and pulled him the opposite direction.

"But I love you" the taller whined.

"I love you too and you don't need a ring to prove that, now let's go" he said as he dragged Dream who had a red shade flushed onto his face, and his expression, star struck.

"Where to?"

"You decide, Dreamie!" The brunette says cheerfully while slightly skipping in delight, holding the others arm in his own.

"To the bar! I need to get you drunk again" Dream laughs as he says, the shorter replies by jokingly hitting him and pouting. "So... yes? Or no?"

"Yes" George says and brightens Dream's smile as they make their way to the car. Life for them couldn't be better, and they decided to live with each other's messed up life, because whether or not their backgrounds or pasts matched, they as people, the both of them went perfectly with each other complimenting each other's characteristics and balancing their natures, like honey and whiskey.

~ end ~