Chapter twenty-six

~ Dream's POV ~

The cars came to a halt in front of a clearing in the middle of the forest looking area, that had multiple abandoned buildings, they looked ransacked, graffitied and completely shady. Everyone that had accompanied Dream split up and entered different buildings with their guns drawn to their eye level ready to open fire at whatever threat came their way.

The blonde made his way to the last building in the patch that looked the most deserted and far away from the others, he entered with caution as he did not want to startle the kidnapper or maybe others that were involved with this and have them make stupid decisions like killing George out of surprise or fear.

He looked around the first floor, unguarded. He found a set of old decrepit looking stairs and climbed them, soon he could hear a group of men laughing, it echoed through the floor and a little beyond.

"Once we get the twenty-five thousand we won't have to fucking sell organs anymore!" One of the men hysterically said followed by the entire group laughing and cheering. "If only we could sell this boy to the market, customers would be so happy" the dirty-blonde clenched his fists in anger as he made his way up gradually and slowly "yeah he's pretty but you messed him up real bad!" This sentence was followed by laughter.

Dream was now furious as he quit his slow pace and almost sprinted up with his gun drawn and faced the four men, he noticed they had baseball bats and a metal bar that contained some dry blood on it, the taller did not want to imagine the worst, but he froze in shock.

One of the men took this to their advantage and ran up to Dream catching him off guard. He used both his hands to push Dream's shoulders to the graffitied, chipped wall, during which his gun fell off his hand and onto the floor.

The blonde kicked the man holding him, hard on the chest and his steel-toe boots helped the impact as the man hit the ground. When he reached for the gun another ragged man held him back, he tackled him and punched him square in the face. He walked ominously to the other two and dealt with them, until they were black and blue all over.

Dream walked to the adjacent door and pushed it open, he saw the brunette slouched over with bruises on his face and arms, he ran over to him and cupped his cheek with both his hands and delicately shook to wake him, which surprisingly worked.

George's eyes fluttered open and the light returned to them as he saw the taller in front of him, he was so glad, just a few moments earlier he had given up on waiting or hoping that anyone would show up to save him. The blonde ran around the back of the brunette and started untying his hands, but frowned to see them red with rashes and cuts that had formed due to the struggle. He did the same with George's legs and helped him stand up. George was staring up at the taller's olive green eyes.

It wasn't much longer when George heard a loud sound echo through the room that made him shudder in surprise, everything was quiet, everything seemed alright until he looked up to Dream, his eyes were set on his chest as his shirt became damper and damper, the brunette held his hand lightly to it and when he revealed it to himself, his pale hand was covered in a thin coat of blood, and then it sank in.

Dream was shot, in the chest.

George ran around the blonde to see the same man who had kidnapped him, holding Dream's gun in his hand while the leftover smoke emitted from the object. The brunette stood protectively in front of Dream as he knew the man wouldn't be satisfied with just one shot, he had a menacing smile on his face, the blonde winced as he held his chest in utter agony and tried to step in front of George, him being adamant, wouldn't budge.

George closed his eyes, ready for another bullet to fire, but this time he wanted it to hit him, maybe it was all over, maybe he was right, this wasn't the life where he and Dream would live happily with each other, maybe he wouldn't meet Sapnap again, he wouldn't be able to thank him for getting him out of a messy household and also for introducing Dream to his life, he braces himself.

There's another gunfire that echoes through the building, and then everything turns into silence.