Chapter seventeen

"The fuck!?" Dream shouted into the rotary phone situated in his office while he sat on the dark coloured sofa with one hand on his knee. He scrunched up his nose in anger as he heard the words spewed out of the person on the other side.

"I'm so sorry sir, but Mr. Schlatt himself, said he wouldn't be able to make it here..... and he said t-that.... you... you should go over-" the person was cut off by the blonde as his anger only grew.

"Me? Go over there? That wasn't the plan!" The taller said through his gritted teeth.

"I'm soooo sorry..."

"What exactly did that drunkard bastard say?"

"He said.. that.... he has a date with his boyfriend on the weekend, that's why he can't-" Dream's subordinate said while his voice shook uncontrollably.

"A DATE WITH HIS BOYFRIEND!?" The blonde shouted loudly and due to which the other person whimpered, his voice echoed throughout the entire room and beyond. "He can't show up, to a business deal, because of a date?" He said which was answered by a shaky hum, by the other, "okay whatever, I will have to go over I can't persuade that maniac, you're goddamn dismissed for today!" Dream spoke as he dropped the phone into its device, cutting the call.

He was annoyed because he would now have to travel across the state to do this business deal with a man called Mr. Schlatt because, Schlatt is known to be very moody and unpredictable other than his general scary and sinister personality, but to the blonde he was only annoying. But he was a great support to their mafia and vice versa, they held a trust and a bitter friendship that built on being rivals. So he wasn't that furious, but he had to inform the other resident that currently slept in their respective room.

Dream walked down the stairs and up to the other part of his house to where his and George's room was situated, he knocked slightly, and when there was no answer he knocked again and being the impatient man he is, he opened the door and stepped in, and there he saw George who was comfortably wrapped in his soft fur quilts and he slept soundly. Dream thought of waking him because it had become a little late in the afternoon and usually the brunette would wake up as early as seven in the morning, so he shook him slightly, and then again.

"Ugh! Shut the hell up and let me sleep" the brunette said nonchalantly still being half asleep. Dream was quite taken aback by the shorter's words, it was pretty bold of him unlike his normal nervous behaviour when he was around the taller, the blonde did not think much of it and smiled until an idea popped in his head. He was going to give the younger a bit of a scare.

"What did you just say to me?" Dream said with a deep and menacing tone while he stood with his arms crossed at the foot of George's bed. George on the other hand had heard him and now had time to process what he had actually said and moved to face dream slowly now fully awake. He raised his hand to cover his mouth slightly as he whispered a genuine 'sorry' to the other. But Dream wasn't done now was he.

"Did you forget who I am?" He said again in a scary tone to which the shorter shuddered a bit, the blonde knew he should drop the act by now but for some reason he just wanted to tease George a bit more because he found the shorter's reactions amusing and cute.

The taller couldn't find any more words to say to George that wouldn't completely break the younger so he tilted his head and stared down at him with an expression filled with vexation and control, "I'm really sorry" the brunette said in a trembling voice, he really thought that the taller would drop him off back to his family's house in anger, and thinking about being back there made the younger's eyes water, he felt stuck between his childhood trauma and a seemingly angry mob leader.

George looked at the taller with red eyes that held tears in their corners threatening to spill if he would even blink once. He was clearly frightened by the change of tone but in a weird but non assuring way the atmosphere did not hold any sort of tension which he was very familiar with. But to the brunette, he felt as if he was back home, the same feeling of being diffident in front of a a scary person or situation.

Dream quickly noticed and immediately regretted his decision to tease George a bit to see his reaction, evidently this made the little one scared and not flustered as how the taller expected.

"Hey! ..... hey" he slowly said with a hint of panic that rose in him, as he raised both his calloused hands to cup George's cheeks gently while tears ran down the shorter's face. George looked away in shyness about the fact that he had, being an adult, cried in front of someone after just being shouted at slightly.

"It was a joke darl- buddy, I'm sorry" the taller chuckled lightly as a red hue caught onto George's pale cheeks. The brunette took a moment to let that fact settle in and then he smiled lightly and furrowed his eyebrows, looking kind of infuriated. Dream laughed wholeheartedly to his reaction and realised he still had both his hands on George's cheeks as he awkwardly lowered them with one hand placed on the shorter's shoulder.

The blonde was enjoying George's company, he found his actions cute and adorable, polar opposite to a certain someone he knew long ago, but he did not want to dwell into his shady and dark past at the moment. Because at the moment George was lecturing him with a hint of embarrassment in his voice as he shouted at Dream to not tease him and make a fool out of him, which the blonde completely enjoyed and chuckled at.