Chapter sixteen

~ Sapnap's POV ~

To the world, or more specifically, to this part of town, George has disappeared. He was kidnapped but to Sapnap, his best friend, he knew differently. After the blonde and George ran out of the house, the shorter's family did too, they inspected the broken vase and the commotion, hearing the rest of the family outside on their porch shouting at each other and comprehending the situation, their neighbours rushed out too, to know what had taken place and also to help the distressed family.

George's family pointed to the back car that the pair had escaped in to show the neighbours what they were talking about, which belonged to Dream. Because Dream was a criminal he had a car especially for these kinds of jobs that had the number plate blacked out, they couldn't take note of the numbers and before they could launch themselves and run towards the vehicle they noticed George standing near the passenger side door, very still.

After a loud shout from the masked man who was at the driver's side, George got inside. Nobody in the family suspected anything of that, as George was a frail person and was easily bullied, and a shout or scolding especially from a masked kidnapper would obviously scare him and make him do whatever the criminal wants, that's what the family and neighbours thought.

Soon the car drove off into the distance, and the scene was obviously chaotic, George's parents were upset more than being sad or consoling each other. In mere minutes the cops had arrived to the scene and they made their way into the house to examine it. George's room was ransacked and the broken vase only indicated that this was indeed a kidnapping, there was indeed a struggle.

The police most delicately as they could explain the latter to the foster parents of George, they said their house will be under surveillance for suspicious activities from the kidnappers for some time, and they should be alert about their phones as the kidnappers may call for ransom. The family and neighbours that did not suspect George standing at the car that belonged to the kidnappers, as something to be concerned about, and they were so adamant about that they did not seem to even mention that to the police out of their own foolishness, well, that would mean the better for Dream and George.

"Ransom" the word was not taken positively by the parents, they recoiled at those words in utter disgust, they did not care for George even a tiny bit let alone pay a huge amount just to get him back? They just internally hoped that George would be dead so they don't have to contribute anything to get him back safely.

All this was known to Sapnap because one of George's older brothers had called him and informed him about the night's events, not in a caring manner evidently but in a nonchalant way, to which the raven-head had drove quickly to the scene and acted shocked and devastated, some of the cops had come over to him to ask a few questions, he flinched at first but he could manage to keep himself together. Out of the two police officers that approached him, only one spoke.

"So, George was your friend?" The man dressed in a formal blue police uniform asked him while trying to pacify him.

"Was? Sir, he is my friend" the black haired individual said sternly stressing on the word 'is', he had watched enough true crime documentaries to know around interrogation techniques.

"I'm sorry about that, he is your friend, do you know anything that would matter to this case, maybe something that will help indicate that, maybe, he ran away?" The police officer spoke slowly, Sapnap knew he was clearly insinuating something, trying to trick him in a way, that's what they did.

"He wouldn't run away, he was just done with his graduation and was very eager to start College, I know about that better than anyone" the other told the cop with all seriousness, in a way he was telling the truth, he wouldn't have to run away if his family wasn't so miserable, the back haired individual thought.

"Okay" the officer whispered to himself as he gave a nod to the taller, not paying attention to Sapnap anymore, he seemed distant.

"Please you have to find him, and bring him back safely" The other said in a shaky voice to which the officer placed his hand on Sapnap's shoulder to again soothe him for a while and after that he left with the other officer.

When the police officer left he whispered to the other cop that was beside him something along the lines of "he didn't fall for the 'was' trick, he didn't kill him that's for sure, I think this kid was actually kidnapped" which Sapnap happened to overhear, he hid his smile and he turned to face his car, opened the door and sat inside.

"Bingo! We won Dream" he said to himself as he started his car engine, and drove back to his house. "I will have to call them, it's been a while".