Chapter 6

Stacey's P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since we came out of the well and not much has changed, other than the fact that we made some new friends. Today, Kagome is taking us back to the Bone eater's Well so we can go home. As we reach the well, Zack, Lindsey, and I say our goodbyes to the others since we might not be seeing them again.

Lindsey was the first one to jump in and by the looks of it, she made it through. Now, it's my turn. I put my hands at the edge of the well and jump in. 'I'm finally going home now.'  I thought.

My feet hit the ground. 'Did I make it?'  I look around and see that the well's walls are still there. 'That's strange. Maybe I did something wrong?'  I thought as I climbed out of the well. When I reach the top and saw everyone still there, I look to Zack and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Here let me try." he said as we swapped places, then he jumps in. I walk over to the edge of the well and look down.

"Your still here too?" I asked in disbelief as he climbed back out.

"That's strange. Why can't we go back?" He asked Kagome, now standing next to me.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling something is up." She said.

"It's got to be Naraku's doing." Miroku declared.

"Well, what should we do?" I asked.

"Let's go back to Keade's house, maybe she'll know something." Sango suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea, lets go." said Shippo.

We head over to Keade's house and discuss the matter with her.

"Oh my, that is a problem isn't it." Keade said.

"That's why we came to you for help, old hag." Inuyasha rudely commented.

"I am sorry to say that I can not help ye' but if anyone was to have anything to do with this, It has got to be Naraku." She explained. I nodded my head in understanding, then stood up.

"I'm going to go for a walk. If anyone wants to join me they can." I say to everyone before turning to go outside.

"I'll go with you." Kagome said and I just nodded then went outside.

Zack's P.O.V.

After Stacey and Kagome left, I watched the others as they talked and occasionally asked me some questions. Eventually I stand up and told them that I was going to have a look around before heading outside into the cool afternoon air.

I notice the sun is setting as I walk around in the forest. I suddenly hear a guitar playing not too far away, so I follow the sound to an area where there is a large willow tree in the middle of a small opening. I see Stacey under the willow and hide behind the nearest tree I could find.

The next thing I hear is so sad yet so beautiful. I don't think I can ever forget it. I hear her singing so I peaked out a little from behind the tree.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow"

"A bed of grass, a soft green pillow"

"Lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes"

"And when again they open, the sun will rise."

"Here its safe, here its warm"

"Here the daisies guard you from every harm"

"Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true"

"Here is the place where I love you."

(The meadow).

The way she sings it with a sad face tugs at my heart. 'She is basically singing her heart out.'  I thought as I see a tear roll down her face.

"Deep in the meadow, hidden far away"

"A cloak of leaves, a moon beam ray"

"Forget your woes and let your troubles lay"

"And when again it's morning they'll wash away."

"Here it's safe, here it's warm"

"Here the daisies guard you from every harm"

"Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true"

"Here is the place where I love you." 

By now her face was covered in tears. For someone to cry that much, they must of had a really tough time in there life. 'She has been hurting.'  I thought as I step away from the tree.

She is sitting on the grass with her face buried into her knees. I can hear her sobs as I got closer to her.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked her. She jumped at the sound of my voice then looks up at me. What came out of her mouth next shocked me.

"Umm did you hear me sing? If you did please don't tell anyone about it." She looks at me pleadingly.

"Why don't you like other people hearing you sing?" I asked. She looks away from me.

"I'm a terrible singer and I just feel like it shouldn't be heard by anyone else." She explained.

Stacey's P.O.V.

I feel totally embarrassed that he heard me sing. But what he says next surprises me.

"I don't think that you are a terrible singer." He admits.

"Really?" I ask him. I don't believe what I'm hearing. He actually commented on me nicely.

"Well, yeah it was really beautiful." He said coming closer to me. I stand up and brush off the dirt that was on my dress. I look up and he is right in front of me now. My heart is beating rapidly at how close he is. He takes my hand then grabs my guitar that Kagome handed me before she went back to the others.

"Common we better get back before they start worrying about us." He said with a smile that shows his cute dimples. 'Wait, cute dimples? Why am I thinking these weird things whenever he's around?'  I thought as he lead me back to the house.

Lindsey's P.O.V.

After I jumped through the well, I waited for Stacey and Zack to come but they didn't. I started to panic but then thought that I could be able to go back. So I jumped through again but this time I haven't landed on anything yet.

It felt like I was falling forever as weird and random things passed by me. The next thing I know I fall through a ceiling of some sort and landed on my side. I look up and saw a little door on the far side of the room. I walk over to it and as I do so I feel like I'm shrinking.

I make to the door although now I'm the same size as it. I turn the door handle and step inside. I look around me and see nothing but strange looking plants and a pathway that leads to somewhere. I follow the path and eventually found a really tall castle.

A rabbit jumps out from a nearby bush and looks at me then points to his watch and hops down the pathway towards the castle. I followed after it, but nothing has ever prepared me for what I was about to find along the way to the castle.