Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street

PROOF READ

1983 Hawkins, Indiana

The three boys took Four and Eleven back to a basement under a nice house, Four stared at the boys trying to figure them out as he sat beside Eleven on the couch, thunder rumbled in the sky as the first boy spoke, "is there a number we can call for your parents?", Four looked at the dark-haired boy.

His eyes then went to the boy beside him, who wore a hat and was missing some teeth, "where's her hair?", he looked to Four first, then to Eleven, "do you have cancer?"

The final boy, with dark-skin spoke, "did you run away?"

The centre boy spoke again, "are you in some kind of trouble?"

The dark-skinned boy reached out, "is that blood?", the other boy smacked his hand down, but Four still stood up defensively.

The one who smacked the hand away becomes slightly hysteric, "stop it! you're freaking them out!"

"They're freaking me out!"

"I bet she's deaf", the toothless one then clapped in front of Eleven, making her flinch back, "not deaf", Four sees the scared face of Eleven and stomps forwards to the toothless boy, his taller frame makes the boy stumble back.

The black-haired boy slowly raises his hands, "all right, that's enough, all right?", Four backs away, "they're just scared and cold", thunder strikes again as the boy runs to a basket, he returns with some clothes, "here, these are clean. Okay?", the Four takes the clothes, handing some of them to Eleven, the two run aways then go to take their clothes off; the three boys jump and stop Eleven from taking the over-sized t-shirt off, "no! no! no!", the black-haired boy holds a hand out to stop her, while the other two turn away, "see over there? th-that's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?", Eleven looks at they then to Four.

"He means-", the three boys looked shocked to hear him speak, "-that you you can get changed in there, so you can be comfortable", he gently holds her arm to pull her to the room, "I'll be right here", as he goes to to close the door, Eleven stops him, "you want it open?"

Eleven stares at him, subtly looking at the boys over Fours shoulder, "yes"

Her single word makes the ravenette step forward, "oh, so you can speak. Okay, well...", he approaches the door, "I guess we'll just leave this door open, a little bit", he closes the door, leaving it ajar, "like this", Eleven stares at him through the gap, "is that good?"

"Yes"

The boy nods, and gives her a smile before walking away, Four leans forward to look at his small friend, and gives her a wink before facing the boy, "do you have clothes for me?", the smaller boy nods, holding out some clothes.

"These are some clothes my dad was gonna give to me, so they should fit you", Four takes the clothes as the boy speaks again, "erm, I'm Mike, and that's-", he points to the dark-skinned boy, "-Lucas and Dustin", he then points to the toothless boy", Four nods and goes to the corner of the room to change. He ignores the words of the three boys and pulls the jeans onto his legs.

 He ignores the words of the three boys and pulls the jeans onto his legs