Chapter Five: The Flea and The Acrobat

1983 Hawkins, Indiana

After finding evidence of the monster with Nancy, Jonathan drove himself and Four home, "how come you're dads not around?"

The Byers boy replied with his own question, "how come you showed up at the same time as the monster?", Four grinned.

"I asked first"

Taking a deep breath, Jonathan looked to Four, "okay, he left, not long after Will was born... and since then it's been me, Mom and Will... plus, he's a total jackass", Four nodded, "now, your turn"

"Erm, well, I don't know where I was born, but I was raised in the labs... they kept me there for... experiments", Jonathan gave him a clueless look which made Fours shoulders deflate, "you have to promise not to tell anyone, I mean it", the taller boy nodded, but then swerved the car when a golden dagger materialised in Fours hand, "that's why I was there. I escaped and I was passing by your house when I saw all the lights flashing and then I heard a screech and ran in to see if I could help", he was bending the truth, not wanting to tell Jonathan that he knew the monster came from a huge portal in the labs, and that he was sent to kill other monsters just like that one, from time-to-time.

 I escaped and I was passing by your house when I saw all the lights flashing and then I heard a screech and ran in to see if I could help", he was bending the truth, not wanting to tell Jonathan that he knew the monster came from a huge portal in...

Four bumped into Jonathans back when the taller boy froze upon entry of the Byers house, "hey, kid", a new voice spoke making Four peek over Jonathans shoulder.

"What's going on?"

Four moved to stand beside Jonathan as Joyce started to speak, "you're dad's, uh, gonna stay here tonight. O-on the couch"

Jonathan looks down to Four, seeing the boys weirded out look, before looking back to Lonnie, "yeah, I'm here as long as you need me, okay?", Jonathan walked in front of the parents whilst Four stood in his spot, "how are you holding up?"

The tall boy pushed a sheet to the side to see a hole in the wall, "what happened?", he directs the question to his mum.

"Don't worry about that"

Jonathan ignores the man, and looks at his mum, "mom... that thing you saw before, did it come back?"

Not letting her answer, Lonnie stares up at his son, "Jonathan, that's enough", the teen only sighs and stares at his father.

"Can we talk? Alone?", the two go to Jonathans room to talk, so Four walks over to Joyce and sits beside her.

The woman smiles at him, so he smiles back, "did you have a good day?"

Four nods at her question, "I like being with Jonathan, I've never really had a friend before", this makes Joyce frown slightly, "so, I'm not sure if I'll be any good, but it's nice being around people", the Byers mother slowly pulls Four into a side-hug, making him release a small, happy sigh.