Shopping and School

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

Hopper and Joyce stood in front of Four, with serious faces, "listen kid", Hopper started, "this in here is money, okay?", Four nodded and went to take the envelope, but Hopper moved it away from him, "no, I'm giving this to Nancy", Four now looked between the two adults confused.

Joyce smiled at him, "her and Steve are coming to pick you up and they're going to take you to buy some new clothes", Four stared at her.

"Okay... so what's the money for?", Hopper and Joyce shared a look, "is it decoration?"

The man huffed, "you use money to buy things... this is why I'm giving it to Nancy", at his words, a knock came through the door, "that'll be her", Joyce goes and lets the teen couple in, "Nancy, do not let him hold this", he hands the envelope to her.

Four stands, "hold on", everyone turned to Jonathan as he entered the room, "Felix, where did you get the other clothes from?", all eyes go to Four.

"What other clothes, Four?"

The boy in question goes to his room and returns with a box of clothes, "they were just outside peoples houses", Hopper hangs his head, "doesn't that mean I can take them?", the man takes the box.

"That'll explain all the stolen clothes reports", he looks Four in the eyes, "people put their clothes outside to dry them, you can't just take them... I'm going to give these back", Hopper goes to leave

Four jumps in front of him, "wait, wait, wait... I like these clothes"

Joyce holds him by the arms, "honey, they aren't yours, why don't you go with Nancy and Steve and get some more clothes that you like, and these ones will actually be yours", she gives him a kiss on the cheek, "go on, hon, and be careful"

A giggling Steve pulls him out of the house, when Hopper grabs Nancys arm, "don't let him out of your sight", Nancy nods, and as she goes to close the door Hopper calls out again, "and check his pockets!"

Nancy giggles as she gets in Steves car, "let's get you some clothes"

As they drove, Steve looked at Four in the mirror, "how long have you been taking clothes?"

"I don't know... I just thought I could take them"

When they got to the store Nancy pulls Four along, "right, this is a thrift store"

Steve notices the boys confused face as he opens the door for them, "it's place where people give there old clothes in, it also means you'll be able to get more clothes for your money"

For the next three hours, Nancy and Steve help Four buy clothes, it also gives them the opportunity to connect. Steve finds himself making a strong bond with Four, he thinks the boy is hilarious (unintentionally) and likes the energy Four brings. Nancy also enjoys spending time with Four, she already spent every Friday with him, tutoring him on school subjects.