Chapter Four: The Body

PROOF READ

1983 Hawkins, Indiana

When the police reached the three, a tall man approached them, his eyes landed on Four, "who's this?"

Joyce and Jonathan shared a look, before the Four shot his hand out, "everyone calls me... Felix", the officer shook his hand.

"Hopper", he then looked to Joyce, "is he okay to be here?"

The woman nodded, holding the boys shoulder, "yeah, he helped me tonight", Hopper nodded and went into the house after Joyce explained what had happened to them (excluding Fours powered intervention).

Hopper called them back into the house, Joyce stared at the wall where the Demogorgan came through, whilst Felix and Jonathan stood behind Hopper, the powered boy listening, "a trooper found something in the, uh water that's at the quarry. Our working theory right now is that Will... crashed his bike, he... made his way over to the quarry and, uh... accidentally fell in. The earth must have given way", the man stared at the mother, "Joyce?... Joyce? do you understand what I'm saying?"

Joyce finally came back to reality, "no. Whoever you found... is not my boy. It's not Will"

"Joyce"

She carried on speaking, "no, y-you don't understand. I talked to him... a half hour ago", she goes to the wall, opening a cupboard, "he was... he was here. He was... he was talking with these", she hold up a bunch of lights.

Hopper stares at the woman, "talking?"

"uh-huh", she fiddled with the lights, "one blink for yes, two for no. And... and, uh... and then I-I-I made this so-so he could talk to me", she gestured to the alphabet on the wall, "cause he was hiding, from that... that thing"

Hopper still stared at the woman, "the thing that came out of the wall? the thing that chased you?"

"Yeah"

Jonathan stepped forward, "mom, come on, please, please"

"No, maybe he's..."

Four also came forward, "I saw it, I saw it come out of the wall"

Joyce pointed to him, "that thing... it's after Will! he's in danger. We have to find him! We-"

Hopper looked at the woman as she grabbed him, "what exactly was this thing? it was some kind of animal, you said"

Joyce raised her hands to her head, attempting to get her thoughts in order, "it was almost... human, but it wasn't. It... had these long arms and... it didn't have a face"

Jonathan walked away as Hopper became confused, "it didn't have a face?", he then held the womans arms, "Joyce"

"It didn't have a face...", the woman continued to mutter.

Hopper sat her down, "Joyce, listen to me. Listen to me. After Sarah... I saw her too", realising he shouldn't be here, Four followed Jonathan.

He watched the boy go through a hundred emotions in a second, "I saw it", the Byers boy span around, "it's real, I saw it", all Jonathan did was shake his head, laying back on his bed and pulling some headphones on, Four left the room, shutting the door behind him and watched Hopper leave the house. He walked over to Joyce, crouching down in front of her, "I'll help you find Will"

The woman looked at him, "how... how did you do that?"

"I escaped from the lab", this made Joyces eyes widen, "I was born with these powers, but they made them stronger and trained me... please don't tell anyone... promise", the woman nods, gently holding his hands.