Chapter Four: Will the Wise

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

As they got to the school the hairs on Fours arms raised and a chill overtook his body, him and Joyce jumped form the car and began to march their way through the school, they looked in classrooms and the AV room before they heard shouts, "Will!", they followed the bellows to find Dustin.

"Dustin"

They boy turned to them, with a ginger girl Four remembered was Billys sister, or half-sister, or something he didn't really understand, "Mrs. Byers? Felix?"

Joyce looked at the curly hair boy, "what's going on? Where's Will?"

A door opened showing a rushing Lucas, "the field!"

They all ran out onto the field where they spotted Mike shaking a frozen Will, "I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!"

Joyce grabbed her sons shoulders, "Will! Will! Will!", he didn't respond but Four could see his eyes moving under his eyelids, "sweetie, wake up! it's mom!", she looked to Four helpless.

"Will!", Four squeezed the small boys arm, "Will, wake up!"

Joyces hands moved across Wills face, "can you hear us?... Will, please, just wake up. Please, wake up! It's Mom! It's me!" Wills eyes shot open as he gasped.

Will, Joyce and Four all got into the green Byers car, and drove home, Joyce then sat them at the table, "I can't remember"

The woman sighed, "I need you to try"

Will took a breath, "I- I was on the field and- and then it... it all just went blank, and- and then both of you were there"

Joyce closed her eyes, speaking softly, "Will, I need you to tell me the truth"

"I- I am"

As Joyce stood to grab some drawings, Four gently rubbed Wills arm, but upon contact a strange feeling surged through Fours body, making him retract his hand and look at the small boy strangely. Joyce came back and placed her tracing of the monster in the table, making Wills eyes widen, "this shape, I saw it on the video tape form Halloween night. it's the same shape as- as your drawing... these episodes that you're having, I think Dr. Owens is wrong. I think they're real. But- but we can't help you if we don't know what's going on. So, you have to talk to us. Please", Will looked to his mom, "no more secrets, okay?", the boy nodded, numbly, "okay. Did you see this thing again on the field?"

Will nodded, "yes"

Four then leaned forwards, "what is it?"

Wills eyes filled with tears and his voice became shaky, "I don't know. it's almost more like a feeling"

Joyce watched her son in fear and sadness, "like the one you had that night at the arcade?"

The boy nodded, "yes"