Chapter Two: Trick or Treat, Freak

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

Four sat at the table eating cereal as Jonathan cooked, he could hear Joyce looking around for Will in the background, as usual, he was reading the back of the cereal box, wandering what all the things inside were and why they tasted so good, "Jonathan? Four?"

Both boys looked up, "yeah?"

"Where's Will?"

Jonathan turned to his mother, "what?"

"Where's Will?"

Four squinted at Joyce, "isn't he in his room?"

"No", Joyce turns when she hears something move in the house, walking to the bathroom.

Four moved to stand behind Jonathan, watching as the elder boy took photos of Will in his costume, "three, two, one...", the camera flashed as Will held his thumbs up with a grin, "great. Hold up the proton blaster", Joyce joined them, "now turn to the light", more flashes followed as Jonathan took more photos of his brother.

Just as they went to leave for school, Four turned to Joyce, "is it still okay for me to go to Steves after school?"

The woman nodded, "of course, honey, just be careful at the party", she then handed him a piece of paper, "and call either of these numbers if you need some help. One of them mine and the others is Hoppers", she gave him a kiss on the cheek before waving him away with a smile.

Once school had finished, Four had to wait for Steve so they could go back to the Harringtons house, while he waited Four wandered around the parking lot, "hey?", he turned when he heard a voice, his eyes landing on the new boy, "who are you?"

Four walked up to him, cringing when he smelt the smoke coming from the other boys mouth, "I'm Felix", he gave him a small smile.

"Oh, you're the one Tina was talking about", the boy held his hand out, "Billy Hargrove", Four looked at the hand trying to remember what he was supposed to do, before it clicked and he shook the awaiting hand; his eyes washed as Billys much larger hand wrapped round his, the boys thumb stroking the back of his, the warm contact made Four blush slightly as his eyes went back up to Billys face, where a small smirk now resided, "you know, you have really soft skin", Billy used his other hand to push Fours sleeve up, his finger tracing the soft flesh of his arm, "like a girl", the blush on Fours face grew hotter in the autumnal breeze.