Chapter Six: The Spy

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

Four sat in the backseat listening to the music from the radio after Dustin told him and Steve about the monster/lizard he'd caught.

Steve broke the silence, "wait a sec. How big?"

Dustin raised his fingers, "first it was like that", he then spread his arms apart, "now he's like this"

Steve scoffed, "I swear to god, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?", Dustin nearly groaned.

"It's not a lizard"

Four now leant forwards, "and how do you know?"

Dustin shot him a look, "how do I know if it's not?"

Steve nodded, "how do you know it's not just a lizard?", the next words shocked Four.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat", Steve nodded and pulled up to Dustin house.

The three got out and Steve grabbed his special bat and then walked to the basement doors. Steve shone his light at the doors and leaned forwards, "I don't hear shit"

"He's in there"

Steve then tapped the red doors, silence, he then hit them harder, silence. He turned to Dustin, "all right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead... Alright?"

"It's not", Dustin squinted at the torch light in his face, "it's not a prank. Get it out of my face"

Steve nodded at the lock, "you got a key for this thing?", Four rolled his eyes and used a sword to cut the chains open, "that works", the two older boys then opened the doors and shined a light down the stairs.

"It must be further down there", Dustin spoke, "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape", Steve gave him a look before walking down the stairs with Four, who held a glowing sword.

Steve turned the light on and the two looked at the skin on the floor, "ew", Four cringed and then pointed to the wall, "that doesn't look good", Steve followed his finger before grabbing Dustin.

"Oh, shit", Dustin swore at the skin, then looked to the hole in the wall, "Oh, shit!", the three looked into the hole, "no way. No way"

Steve drove the three to the woods, trunk now filled with raw meat, they had all pulled on some rubber gloves, when Dustin turned away from them, "well, well, well, look who it is

Steve drove the three to the woods, trunk now filled with raw meat, they had all pulled on some rubber gloves, when Dustin turned away from them, "well, well, well, look who it is... well, while you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgan... I'll explain later. Just meet me, Steve and Four at the old junkyard. And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket"

Steve shut his trunk, "alright, let's go"

"Just be there, stat. Over and out", Four pulled Dustin along.