Prologue

It’s a typical Friday night for you. You just got off from work (you're a cook), and you were heading out to the bar to meet some friends. You wanted to call it early tonight, you’re tired from work.

But of course your friends manage to keep you out until bar close.
Being far too drunk to drive home, you decide to walk. It’s only 20 minutes away, what could the harm be?

You don’t live in a particularly bad area, but certainly not a good one. 10 minutes into your walk you come across a group of people.

???: Hey bro, what’s up? You look a little toasted.

Y/N: Yeah, I may have had one too many.

???: I’ve been there before man.

You keep walking, not noticing them following you. About 5 minutes later they get in front of you and block your path.

???: Alright man, here’s the deal. I’m gonna need you to pull out your wallet nice and slow.

Y/N: Look man I’m just trying to get home. I’m pretty much broke anyways so can you just fuck off?

???: I ain’t gonna ask again. Wallet. Now.

Y/N: How about this. You can have it if you can take it from me, biiiiiiiiitch.

???: Alright then, have it your way.

He gives you a hard punch to the gut. Being I’m the state you are, you throw up from it. The man reaches into your pocket and takes your wallet which had all of $20 in it.

???: Man you weren’t lying. Fuckin broke ass.

Y/N: At least I’m not some bitch picking fights with drunk people.

Everything goes silent. Then the man starts laughing, followed by the people he was with. After a few minutes it dies down and gets eerily quite.

???: You know what? You just pissed me off. I was gonna just take your money and bounce. But now, I’m gonna make an example of you. So that everyone here knows what happens when you fuck with me.

Y/N: Oh yeah? What are you gonna do? Kick my ass a bit to look like a big man?

???: Naaaaaaah man. You went and passed me off. I’m just gonna shoot your ass and be done with you.

Y/N: ….Are you serious?

Without saying another word he pulls a handgun out, loads it, and then things go blank.

Author note: Woooo prologue done! I've left the character featureless so you can insert whatever you want. I plan on writing a long story so be prepared for a slower buildup. Hope you all enjoy!