Chapter 7

It's chaos. Everyone is running around making sure everything is in the van. "Do we have all the cables? Well be fucked if we can't connect everything!" Josh shouts.

"Yeah, I triple checked" You shout back. "That should be everything then right?" Kat asks. You go over the list once more and nod "yup, we're all set. EVERYONE IN THE VAN" You yell.

Everyone piles in, with Verosika sitting next to you as usual. "Am I on pillow duty again m'lady?" You ask in a joking tone. She giggles "Not today, I got a good night's sleep" She smiles at you.

"Oooooo, what happened last night?" You hear Kiki ask. "She came over for drinks and stayed the night. Nothing happened. We didn't even sleep in the same bed."

You remember what was said. You wonder if she'll feel that same now that she's sober. The wait is excruciating.

You look at her while she talks to someone else. Her face is so beautiful. Her eyes, cheekbones, jaw. The way her nose wrinkles when she laughs. Her sparkly pink eyes, the sound of her laugh.

You shake you're head. Today is her biggest concert you idiot. You need to focus on making sure the show goes well. That's it.

You arrive at the venue. Everyone is working on overdrive to set everything up. You all want this to be as close to perfect as possible.

"How's the sound system coming along Kat?" You ask leaning on a rail " Great! Pretty much done here." He states. "Thank goodness. Finally we can all take a break until close to show time."

You walk to the dressing room where everyone else is. "Hey guys, looks like we're all set! This should be an amazing show!" You say excitedly. "Of course it will, I don't do bad shows" Verosika says confidently.

You pass the time with idle chatter until it's time for Verosikas makeup and wardrobe change. While waiting outside Coco offers you a cigarette, which you take.

"So, nothing happened last night huh? She says raising an eyebrow "No, nothing. We talked and that's it." You say matter of factly. "Look, I really like her. She's incredible. But we'll see what happens."

"Fair enough Y/N, I wish you luck!" She pats your shoulder as she walks by. The longer the day goes without her saying anything makes you worry. What if she was so drunk she doesn't even remember?

"I have to push this to the side. I have a job to do still." You get ready for your security duty. It's now 10 minutes before the show starts. You start to head to your designated spot.

You see Verosika by the side of the stage, and she looks incredible. She has a black and white dress with X's and O's all over it. You want to wish her luck. But you freeze. You feel so nervous.

After all this time together she still has this effect on you. It makes you crazy. You inhale deeply and exhale. "Hey V, good luck. Not that you need it." You have a slight smile.

She turns to face you, and you could swear she was blushing. But maybe it's just the lighting? "Thanks Y/N. I appreciate it." She sounds almost nervous to talk to you.

You smile and give her a thumbs up. You hear her giggle as you walk away. "Holy fucking shit" The venue is packed. There must be at least 200,000 demons here.

"Looks like we have our work cut out for us Tex." You're still blown away by the amount of people. "Yeah, but the access to the stage is pretty limited, so it shouldn't be too bad." You nod in agreement.

The lights dim. The pre show music slowly fades away. This is it. The spotlight comes on and the music starts. Verosika comes out from backstage and starts singing.