Chapter 6

Ugh, you're heading to the office already. "Days off never last ling enough" You mutter to yourself. It's shitty, raining, and you have no umbrella.

You walk into the office and everyone starts snickering while looking at you. "Shuuuuuut up assholes" you say laughing a bit. "Man, you need to get a car already" Milky says. It's true, it would help.

You plop down onto the couch. "So what's on the list for today?" Apple walks into the room "Absolutely fucking nothing" She sounds like she's bored.

"Hey, uh, where's Verosika at?" You ask. "Wow, just gets here and he's already asking about her" Kiki giggles. "Why don't you just ask her out already?" Coco suggests.

You feel a lump in you're throat. Just ask her out huh? I mean the worst she can say is no. But the idea of that terrifies you. "I wish I could. I'm just scared of her saying no." You see everyone else in the room exchanging glances.

"Look, there's a big concert coming up next week. Maybe that's the time to tell her?" Josh brings up a good point. That does seem like a good idea. She'll probably be in good spirits that day.

"Yeah, you know what I think I will do that!" You nod, affirming it to yourself.
Now all you need to do is keep your head together and not worry about it until then.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, I'll be right back." You get up and head to the door. You bump into someone trying to come in. You look to see who it is. It's....Verosika?

She's pressed up against your chest. She's so warm and smells sweet. Slowly she looks up at you, she's completely flustered. "We need to keep meeting like this" She jokes.

You chuckle "Hey, feel free to stay there as long as you want." You feel her push into you a bit harder. But she doesn't respond. After a few moments she pulls back and walks past you into the studio.

"Thanks Y/N. I needed that." You smile and nod. You head to the kitchen to grab some water. You feel off. Like you're getting sick. You feel hot. Like you're boiling on the inside.

Your legs start to feel weak and your vision blurs. It goes black.

You start to regain consciousness. You're on the couch in the studio. Last you remember you were in the kitchen. Your friends must have brought you here.

You slowly sit up. Your head is throbbing and your vision is blurred. You hear a gasp and someone runs out of the room. You slowly regain your vision and see everyone looking at you, worried.

"Hey man, you ok?" Tex asks. "I feel like shit. It's hard to breathe." Your breath is shaky, labored. Your chest feels like there's 50 pound weight on it.

Verosika places the back of her hand on your forhead "he's burning up. It seems like the flu, right?" Everyone nods in agreement. "Tex, let's get him home."

Tex picks you up and carries you to the car. "I'm fine you guys, honestly. It's not a big deal." You protest. "You passed out in the kitchen. Shut up. You clearly aren't fine." Verosika seems serious.

"Fine, I don't want to get in the way at work I suppose". Verosika gives you a nod. Tex pulls up to your apartment, and helps you in. Thankfully you have some cold medicine. After taking it you lie down on your bed.

"Anything we can get you before we head out?" You hear Verosika ask softly. "No, I'm good. I really appreciate that you care V. It means a lot." She freezes as you say this. Almost like how you do when she sings.

She walks out of the room, and you hear her and Tex argue for a moment. You try to ignore it and close your eyes.
You hear someone enter the room.

A soft hand touches your hair. You instinctively push your head into it, loving how it feels. You hear Verosika giggle a bit. "Hey, I gotta go back to the studio. We have a big concert coming up. Message me if you need amything"