Miliye Professor Sabherwal se

New day, new start

New day, new start. So, from today I would focus on the present and do work for the better future.
Perhaps, I was too tired that I slept a little more today. I went towards my balcony side. Sun was just going to rise. A warm reddish line was spreaded all along the horizon, with some hint of yellowish tincture of small ball that was ready to glow in the sky. Cool breeze was blowing gently. What a new start !
Soon, a flock of birds flew as if was just waiting for my morning alarm. I didn't want to leave this beautiful morning, but soon I got notified by my smart watch that I had to attend a college function, as a chief guest.
Actually, it was bade papa who was invited for the guest of honor, but he expected me to do this as he was busy in some other work. I was not sure about this by the way. I was getting a strong feeling that he had intentionally found some work for himself so that he could send me there and make me towards a fresh start. I didn't mind though. Nothing could be more good actually.

But, now.... Seeing that beautiful morning, I wanted to stay there for eternity. Then, I got a message from badi maa. On opening, I found today's horoscope. It was stating that today was the best day for a good start, I would find something unexpected and if I would be lucky enough, I could get my life-partner today. Well, I am not that typical horoscope believer person, but I was yearning for it's half part too much. I wanted that to happen, I wanted a new and fresh start. About life-partner, I was not sure though. When I read tha last part again, I read that words "lucky enough" well, that explains a lot. I was never lucky though. I was that unlucky that I never won a tossing the coin game. Whenever I wanted 1 or 6 number in dice, they would never come, and when they used to come it was only so for snake to bite me and decrease my points in snake and ladder. I was that unlucky, that : if I ever meet God and was asked for any boon, and I ask about luck, I would be provided the option with all the other impossible wishes except luck.

Well, someone had said to me in my childhood that luck is just a pocker, for long race we can't depend on anything except hard work and dedication. Honesty and loyalty with your aim can bring luck in your side. So, I didn't care about that thing much. When destiny had played so many games with me, how could I even relish on luck?

So, long things short : 'forget about life-partner thing, I could get to have a new start today', This was all that mattered to me.
I clicked the back button in my phone and again found unread texts of Shagun. I was sure well enough, I stood no chance with my bad luck. I could become annoyed on her for making my life hard, as if my life wasn't tough enough without her interferance. But, I didn't do like that. Instead, I placed myself in her condition. What would I be doing?

I would be terrified for my result. I could not even have to get a chance to celebrate that Victory, instead I would be tensed for my boyfriend's reaction who was about to marry me. My parents would be so hyper seeing me tensed and not eating or drinking properly on my engagement day. Every girl has a dream of her marriage since childhood, but I would not be happy. I would have expected that day to be memorable but not in that way. On that, if my family would not be that rich, that influential what would I be doing?