Good luck or bad one?

I was asleep for good 9 hours

I was asleep for good 9 hours. But, the morning was energetic. I had done my daily excercises and after shower, I got text message from Kitty. She was congratulating me. When I asked the reason behind it, she directed me towards my study area. On the table, there was a monthly magazine lying on top of all other files. It's cover had a big size photo of Mr. Shaurya Sabherwal, one of the coolest, youngest, most charismatic professors. I had given a small interview of that a few days ago. That was one of the major magazines of India, specially to educational field. It was read across all the houses of Chandigarh. When I was in middle of it, I heard a knock on the door. It could be Badi maa. So, I stood up and opened the door by one hand, with magazine onthe other.
But to my surprise, it was dad. He was looking sober and contented in its own way. Was he there to congratulate me?
Usually, it's me who goes to his room, not the other way. So, after I recovered from that pleasant shock, I let him come inwards.

Today is gonna be fantastic. Firstly, my magazine cover photo then, my dad came himself to me. He must be proud of me. Although, he was not there to celebrate my small victories, but today he has covered all his absence since childhood.
" Subah ka bhoola agar shaam ko ghar laut aaye, to usey bhoola nahi kahte. "

He came inwards and asked me,
" Tum apni maa se mile?
Kya kaha usne? Tumne uske pair chhukar aashirwaad to liya hoga na ?
Tumhaari ussey kuchh baat huyi ? "

Kya sach mein?
Matlab, inko sabhi baato ko chhodkar, mujhse yahi baat poochhni thi?
Oh, why not? Inko apni wife ke aagey kuchh dikhaayi kahan deta hai? Khud ka beta tak nahi.

It's not like I care. But....
Yeah.. I do care. I care what he does, I care what he says, I do care what he thinks dammit.
I was too foolish to think that he had come for me. No, he never can.

Unhe aaj tak sirf aur sirf ek hi cheez se farak pada hai life mein, that Aastha kashyap. That's it, neither beyond her, nor less.

Which dad comes to congratulate his son for being successful? It's quite unusual.
And in my case, it was impossible.
But, it's all my fault. I should not have expected him to behave like a regular dad.

I felt anger swirling inside my gut. I wanted to hurt him by my words. I thought of a strong punch line.

"is it dad?
Aap iske liye aaye the mujhse milne?
I'm sorry to disappoint you.
You know, unka mujhse milna... Issey mujhe koi farak nahi padta.
Agar main unsey mila hoon, vo mere liye sirf ek professor thi, aur kuchh nahi. "

I was just ruffling the pages of that magazine and saying,
"infact, meri life mein unke maayne.. Barso pahle hi khatm ho chuke hain."

By sitting on the arm of my sofa,
"Aur vaisey bhi, pair unke chhuye jaate hain.. Jinki aap izzat karte hain, jinka aap samman karte hain"

By coming towards him, still holding that magazine,
"aur mere man mein, unke liye... Na izzat hai aur na samman. "

I put that magazine in front of him, I literally showed him the cover and said,
"kabhi aap apne bete ke baare mein jaanne ki bhi koshish kiya kijiye dad"

The child in me was too eager to show him that cover page. I was desperate for him to even take a glance on first page.

"aur kuchh? "

But he responded negatively by his waving his neck sideways.
By saying "kuchh nahi"  he went out of my room, without taking a look on the thing, I was trying to show him in all the conversation.
On standing at the doorway, he murmured to himself, "itna zahar ghol diya hai iske man mein"
I wanted to ask about the person for whom he was talking. It could be her, or him. Because, none of anybody was responsible for this but both of them. But, I acted ignorantly.
Then, I felt a little shamed to myself. I must have actwd rudely. So, I called him again.
"Dad.... "
He reverted back and asked,
"usney mere baare mein kuchh poochha?
Koi baat ki hogi? Kuchh to kaha hoga...
Kuchh poochha usney? "

He is not worthy of my sympathy, I swear.
He is totally hopeless. Well, let's forget about that. Because, we are again expecting something from a person who has lost his true identity years ago. He is only and only one sided lover of her now.

The anger that had started to cool down in me, again boiled up. I think, my previous responses were not good enough, so I came up with a savage reply.
" meri engagement ke baare mein aapne hi bataya hoga na unhe?
Koi jawaab diya aapko? "

He was expecting something else I guess. But, what I said was nothing but, complete truth.

"aapke sawaalo ka jawaab aapko mil gaya dad. Unke liye bhi aap koi maayne nahi rakhte.. Tchh.. "

I know this time I had hit hard. I know I'm a complete jerk. But, it was the demand of situation. I can't do anything. He was given 'reality check' by her every time. But, my poor dad has lost his brain to his heart since he fell in love with her. I have done nothing, but helped her in showing him the fact that was right in front of his eyes, but he was ignoring that completely. The fact, that she was trying too hard to express him.

.
.
.
I was posting large stories for long, I think, it can give a relief to some readers, as they can read it in one shot.
Don't worry, next part will be short too.
😅
If you want long stories, then write me in comments.

•~> 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕚𝕥. ℙ𝕝𝕤𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕠, 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕒 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕤, 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕤𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕝.