Another proposal?

Now, get up

Now, get up. You need to face some real life issues which are unfortunately existent. So, next day I got really fresh vibes and was almost ready to start new day with fresh ideas and clear mind. I was adjusting my tie, just then Badi maa entered my room.

B.m. :  Ready?
Okay, listen to me, Shaurya .

Me : yes?

B. M. :  I have a friend, she has mailed me some photos of very nice, cultured girls.
Mrs. Katiyal, she's Delhi's top matchmaker.

Me :  Seriously, the business of arranged marriage is quite big.
And it's an even bigger headache.

With some little laughter,
B. M. : Yes, that's right.
You have tasted the fruit of love marriage, right?
Let's find a good arranged marriage alliance for you.
Even your uncle wants the same right?

I agreed in a "Yes".

B. M. : Shaurya, look here.
That girl, I find her young. She looks quite obedient and cultured.

Seriously, what has happened to her?
Haa?
I am quite not over with Shagun, yeah I won't say that. But, being a mother, she should understand this or not?
I am not ready for any commitment right now.
Neither love nor arranged.
If say the truth, I don't even tell whether I fell for her or not.
How can I be ready for another marriage?
I'm not that desperate to marry.

Also, it's not like
I have someone sick in my family and I have to fulfill their last dying wish
or
I have some type of danger of something unwanted to happen in my life because of my silly stars.
Quite dramatic isn't it?
Huh.. Well I have learned that from some stupid shows that Gayatri Chachi used to watch in my childhood. It's not permitted to watch such vamp like films or serials in our house. According to Badi maa, these give bad ideas of plotting against own family members.
But,  she used to watch that secretively.

Well. This is also not the case thay I'm going to die in several days so it's necessary for me to get married.
That's sounds interesting isn't it?
Let me clarify, I'm not suicidal but it's a pretty nice thought you know. But tell me one thing, who the hell will want to marry if he knows that his life is too short, won't he want to enjoy his bachelorhood completely?

Anyways, I  didn't show any interest. And, Badi Maa was not in any mood to let that matter go lightly.
But, Hey! I'm Shaurya...the Shaurya Sabherwal.
I can get stubborn to any limit.

So, the scenario was like that : I was trying to take that marriage alliance easily, like it is not a big deal and not a matter of huge concern. Just like some great leaders do towards climatic change. But you know what?
There's a habitual thing of some animals. When pegion sees cat, he closes his eyes, thinking that now like him, cat would also not be able to see him. Well, it's not an animal though. It's a bird. But, cat is an animal. So.. Animal or bird?
Maybe both?
Ugggghhhh...

Whatever it is. I don't care. The thing is that It's the same case.
Badi Maa and looser? Nah!
She has that much competitive spirit that when she finds something challenging, she just try her best to win for it then.

The more I was wanting to hide somewhere the more she seemed quite frightening to me. The more she waa wanting to captivate me.

Just like my real Mom used to do, when I didn't want to eat food, she would run behind me in all the places, whether it be my room or hall or my playground.

I was filled with my thoughts when Badi maa caught me. It was like we were playing hide and seek and the person who was a diner found the other player and said ' I spy '.

B. M. : What happened Shaurya?
Did Shagun say anything to you last night?

Me : She was cursing me.  I said smiling gently.

She said that I will fall in love  with a girl who will neither think like me, nor will follow the ideals of us, Sabherwals.

B. M. : so?

She must have imagining her paradise being broken to earth, the kingdom to fall down.
The only thing she fears is that someday, some evil eye will bring her palace to tear in pieces.

Me : So, even I told her that I would choose a girl who would give me priority.
And who would choose only me, compared to others.

B. M. : Absolutely!
Actually, your uncle is right. You should get married as soon as possible.
We want to see you happy, Shaurya, you know that.

Me : I'm happy aunt.

The thing that me and many bachelors like me don't get is that what's the connection between being happy and marriage?
The only thing I have learned till now is that happiness is a state of mind.

And according to Albus Dumbledore ,
(yeah, I'm Potterhead too)
Happiness can be found in darkest of the time, if one only remembers to light the candle of hope.

So, that totally means that whether or not she was thinking good about me, it was totally a bad idea to get me married.
I can't even say that Badi Maa is older and she wants a friend of her, my wife to help her in daily chores (the excuse many middle class family mothers make to make a guy get married).
Firstly, because she's that old.
Secondly, she already has Kanchan and Gayatri Chachi (well, technically Gayatri chachi is her sister-in-law but, she has a bond of mother-in-law with her).
Thirdly, she doesn't do those works.
She has house help in every work except kitchen because she believes that only the Goddess Laxmi of the house should enter the kitchen. Means the daughter-in-law.
So why that silly marriage?
What's the problem of everyone?
Don't I look good as unmarried bachelor?
Nahh Man! Someone please make Badi maa read that magazine article which clearly states that I'm the most handsome and charismatic bachelor in our area. I'm the prince charming of so many girls of this town. Obviously, I can't state this as a matter of fact to her.

Me : I don't have any problem with marriage. It's just that I don't want to get married for now.

Phew... Such a relief  I simply said that in a simple and non-opposing tone.

Me : Do you know who is the example of an ideal marriage for me?
You and uncle.

Yooo dude, that's the masterstroke. Now, she will have to agree with my decision.

She seemed a bit relax and satisfied too.
B. M. : In an ideal marriage, Shaurya, a woman has to be very flexible . They have to make a lot of compromises.

Yay.. Yes.. Yeah.. I know that a woman has to suffer a lot. That's why I respect them.

B. M. : That's why I know, who would be the right girl for you.
Trust me, dear.

.
.
.
.
•~> 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕚𝕥. ℙ𝕝𝕤𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕠, 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕒 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕤, 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕤𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕝.