Chapter 12

A/N: Thank Ya'll for being patient with me and hanging in there. This chapter is Rated R so read at your discretion..lol! Enjoy!

Chapter 12

The week was going by slow. Trey catered breakfast earlier in the week from Benedicts. The shredded steak, egg and cheese omelet melted in my mouth. He was great. His conversation was on point. He could hold an intellectual conversation; although he wasn’t as street smart, you could tell that he wasn’t a punk by far.  Did I mention he was fine as hell? His light skin would glow when he looked at me and his smile would light up a room. I wanted to fuck the shit out of him. But I decided to take my time with him. Im pretty sure he wanted me to give it up already but I chose not to. We needed to wait at least until I talk some sense into Derrick. Derrick….. My heart started beating fast thinking of him.

I was in the clubs locker room changing clothes getting ready to go to Maurice’s wake. I shook my head at myself. Derrick did this. How can I face this man’s mother knowing I’m the reason she can no longer see her son? My son’s father put a hit on a man who just wanted to get to know me maybe even love me.

“Nikki?”

“Yea?”

“take a picture with me so I can put up on instagram.”  Dria said.

I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror to make sure I wasn’t crying or had red eyes.  “Ok. I’m ready.”

“Are you ok?”

“Yea, its just going to this funeral will be overwhelming.”

“aww” she wrapped her arm around my neck “its gonna be ok. I got you.” She said as she held the phone up with the front-facing camera towards us. She’s so self-absorbed sometimes. I posed for a few frames. She put the pictures up and I instantly started getting notifications. Damn she was popular.

“Lets get out of here.” I put on my Kate Spade shades and walked out the club headed to the funeral home.

 Thursday Night (Maurice's wake)

“Lord, thank you for giving us a brand new day. Another day and opportunity to do things your way, so you will be pleased that your work here one earth is being done. We know that we should teach others about you, so we can have eternal life with you father. We are here for a celebration Lord. The homegoing of a son, father, and husband…..”

My head popped up. I whispered in Dria’s ear “Did he just say husband?” The minister was saying the opening prayer to start the services.

“Shhh..you’re too loud. Yes that’s what he said. Now close your eyes and bow your head.”

But I couldn’t, my blood was boiling. “Amen” I heard the congregation say.  I started to look at the first couple rows where the family was seated. Maybe I could recognize this “wife”.  I scanned the room but I was sitting towards the back so it was hard to see faces up front.

“The family has asked that everyone that comes to the podium and says their expressions please be mindful of the time and keep all statements under three minutes.”

I heard a loud shriek closer to the front. BINGO!! The petite chick had long brown hair with Chinese bangs and was dark skin. One by one individuals stood next to the casket saying meaningful sentiments about Maurice. I was too mad to have any compassion at the moment. This nigga played me. I mean he wined and dined me nearly a year and right before I decided to go the extra mile with him, he gets killed. I guess that’s what he gets. I smirked loudly.