Chapter 2

I pulled up and immediately noticed the club was packed. I said a quick prayer and asked God to watch over me and not let the crowd get too rowdy. As I entered the club, my fraternal twin brother Devin was at the Dj booth. I admired him so much because he was a college graduate, had a great 9 to 5 with the state and had a side gig hosting one of the hottest strip clubs in the city. He saw me and nodded whats  up and I did the same. We had that twin connection no one could explain. He knew what I was thinking, feeling, hearing, and saying before I did any of it. I loved him for that because if I couldn’t talk to anyone, I knew I could talk to him. We also had two older twin brothers, Darryl and Darrell, who were identical and younger brother named Dante. I was the only girl of my siblings, so to say the least they were over-protective.

 Trying to get to the other side of the club was straight pandemonium. A guy walked passed me and grabbed my ass. My reflexes were so good, I turned around and smacked him and told him hands off. “Damn bitch, my bad” he said.”You’re a little over-dressed to be in a club. You ever thought about stripping?”  I rolled my eyes and made my way to the back.

I walked in the locker room, and atleast 20 females were either changing or taking a break waiting on their turn to take the stage. Someone walked up behind me and smacked my ass. I had an attitude because that would make the second person tonight touch me. “Nig-“ I was about go off. I turned around and it was my bestfriend Dria dressed in a lime green thong and matching fishnet shirt with no under garment. Her pierced nipples were perky and looked like small chocolate almonds.  The girl’s body was perfect. “Girl, don’t play like that. I was about to smack you and curse you out.” “You wasn’t gon do shit old scary ass” she said. “Ok, that’s what you think, try me again.” She laughed. “Girl, I was just playing. Why you just now gettin here anyway?” “My t-lady had to go to church tonight so I couldn’t drop DJ off until she got out. Now I gotta do the late shift.” “Good luck to ya then” she said.

 Dria started stripping when we graduated from high school six years ago. She was a smart girl and got accepted in a few schools but never went. I guess the loss of her mother our senior year had really taken a toll her.  That year she moved in with her grandmother and a month before graduation, she passed away from a heart attack. Dria was devastated and fallen into a slight depression. She moved in with us but of course my parents said we needed to go to college or get jobs. I had no plans to go to college because I had a young son and it was my responsibility to take care of him, so needless to say we got jobs. I had dreams to be a famous writer and travel the world to enhance my craft, but that was put on hold until I saved enough money.

“Dominique, come see me.” Other than my mother, Harold was the only person that called me by my full name. What the hell is he doing here anyway I thought to myself. “Dominique I need you here all weekend. We have some entertainers coming from the ATL to host Friday night and that new rapper “Memory” coming from Louisiana Saturday night.” “Man, hell naw. Harold you haven’t given me a day off in over two weeks and you promised I could be off Thursday through Sunday.” I yelled. “Yea I did, but promises are made to be broken.” It took everything in me not to back slap him but I needed this job. “Get somebody else to take my spot.” “No, I want you. Just take tomorrow off and Thursday I want you to  work the morning shift and come back for the overnight crowd.”

Feeling defeated, I walked out went to the bar and sat on the stool. “Let me get coconut Ciroc with pineapple juice and a shot of patron.” “Damn girl, you doing it like that tonight” Maurice, the bartender said. I shook my head. “Its going to be a long, long night.”

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS LUVS:)