Chapter 13

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR LOYALTY TO THIS BOOK. I don't update this book as much as I should and most of you understand that I do have a life outside of Wattpad:) I just want to say thank you for encouragement and your votes. You guys are awesome!!

HAPPY READING!

XOXO

TREE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

“Babe?”

“huh?”

“Are you asleep?”

“No. Are you?”

“No. I heard you snoring though.”

I laughed at Trey’s assumption. “Boy, I do not snore.” “That’s you over there sounding like a grizzly bear.”

He laughed softly. “Sorry I haven’t been able to see you.”

“it’s ok. You’re a busy man. Hopefully you’ll make some time for me soon.”

“Man don’t be like that. You know I want to see you, hug on you , and kiss all over you.”

“Well, I’ve been waiting and I miss you.” I was pouting and I wanted to him to hear me through our phone conversation.

I hadn’t heard from Derrick, which really didn’t make a difference to me nor had I seen Trey. I’d talk to him but didn’t see him and that did bother me. I was beginning to think he was losing interest but he would say something sweet or sexy and build my confidence right back up. Our long telephone conversations kept me going.

“Well, I’ll see you soon. I promise. Just give me time please?”

“Ok. But you are being warned. I am tired of these phone conversations. I want to physically see you. I love that u send me a dozen roses every week, but that’s not enough.”

“Babe, cut a brotha some slack.”

“nope, no time for slacking bruh.” I said in a hood voice.

He laughed, “Ok, thug. I got you.” I smiled. I really was half sleep talking to him. So we made plans to hang out the next day.

It had been about two months since the trip to Tennessee. Everything seemed like it was back to normal.  I showered and got dressed. I called all three of the girls, they didn’t answer. Outside of them I didn’t have any other female friends. I wondered what my twin was doing. I looked at the clock. It was half past noon. He was at work. Damn people with day jobs. But just like clockwork my twin was calling my phone.

“Hey. You not at work?”

“yea. Just took a break. I was thinking about you.”

“Why?”

“Cause you were thinking about me…”

“Twin intuition again?”

“I guess so. So whats up?”

“Nothing home bored.”

“Have you heard anything yet on the shooting?” He was talking about Maurice’s death.

“Nope.” I said nonchalantly. 

“Word around town is one of D’s people had something to do with it….”

This piqued my interest. “Oh yea?”

“but that’s all I know.”

Disappointed that he didn’t know anything else I just said, “Oh ok.”