twenty seven

I plugged my phone in the charger and bent down to put the adapter into the socket

I plugged my phone in the charger and bent down to put the adapter into the socket. The power outlet was right by my bed but while I tried to insert it into the electric socket, I couldn't insert it in.

Is this only me that when I try to plug the charger in, I can't find the socket even after a thousand tries!

Taking a deep breath, I tried again. When I couldn't do it now, my patience wavered and before I knew it, the charger was broken on the floor, on the the other side of the room. 

I wire had tangled with the vase kept on the table beside it, dragging it down into fragments too, creating a a domino effect, when the other fancy-schmancy ornaments came crashing on the floor, creating an absolute ruckus. 

I made no efforts in cleaning that shit up, rather, I just sat on the bed, with my arms crossed and my eyebrows raised at the scene in front of me. 

"Oh well." I bit the inside of my cheek and took out the power bank or as some say, the battery pack, out of the drawer next to my bed and charged my phone wirelessly, still mad at the charger.

About 2 hours passed as I coded and decoded the Chinese mafia loop. I am close to the Step 1 but still too far away. I feel like I have done so much but at the same time have so much more left to do.

While I was busy vibing to Chase Atlantic, a knock echoed through the room. 

"Principessa, come on. It's time for lunch." Rocco called out and opened the door, only for the door to clank with the broken vases and ornaments on the ground. I quickly hid my iPhone 13 and put my SE on charging instead.

His face morphed into panic and he quickly entered the room, assessing throughout. 

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" he shouted with panicked eyes. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. He rushed towards me, and checked my arms, legs and face. I was stupefied by his concern. He didn't think of the loss of about $100,000 but was considerate about my well being.

"I am fine, nothing has happened to me." I assured him, my face itching to break out into a smile at his panicked state.

"What happened?" a stoic faced Antonio entered with a frantic Luca and an alert Roman behind him. 

"We heard you shouting. What's going on?" Roman glared at Rocco's worked up state checking my limbs and face for any bruises.

Antonio's shoe collided with the broken glass piece and all of their eyes darted towards the fragments. 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!" it was Roman this time. 

What's with people and them shouting today?

My phone pinged with a message and their gazes centred to me. "Why is the charger broken there? And what about all these?" he gestured at the ground.