That Side Of Me

In the middle of moving houses but I'm still coming in with today's chapter!!!
I hope you enjoy!

Surebu sighed as she took off her apron. She looked over at Lunch Rush with a large smile as she made her way through the kitchen. She moved quickly, a little more excited than usual.

"Someone seems happy," lunch rush commented noting the slight skip in her step. "Planning to help grade papers again?"

At that Surebu paused what she was doing to turn to the other. "I made a friend," she mumbled, hiding her hands behind her back as she leaned on the edge of her heels, leaning forward ever so slightly.

Lunch Rush paused his actions. If it wasn't for his hat his wide eyes would've been all to obvious to convey his shock. Seeing this Surebu chuckled, quickly going back to putting away her apron.

"Class 1-B. The metal head? Yeah he wanted me to sit with them over lunch, so naturally I invited Shinsou. Don't tell papa yet though because I know he'll over react thinking he'd failed yet somehow Vlad didn't," she rushed out grabbing trays for herself as well as Shinsou and making her way to the door. She paused at the exit looking over her shoulder to the cook, waiting for a response. Once she saw him she couldn't help but smile. He'd lifted his hat ever so slightly to show one of his eyes, looking directly at her. It was obvious he was in shock by her words.

"Our baby's making friends?" He mumbled, voice shaking in an over dramatic flair showing how obviously he was messing around. Surebu laughed at this deciding to play along, leaning her back on the wall.

"You must stay strong uncle Rush! If not for me than for papa-" she cried out pressing her head against the wall, whipping her hair into her face to hide the hint of a smile. Lunch Rush followed along, the two of them making a script on the spot. He reached out his hand, leaning over the table.

"I can't- it's too hard to let you go!" He yelled giving off the slightest hint of a fake sob.

"I know it's hard, and I'm so sorry you must go through this, but please be strong uncle Rush!" She yelled out, fake tears in her eyes. At this Lunch Rush had to physically stop himself from laughing. He was amazed at how well this girl could act and was wondering where she gathered this skill from.

They were about to continue when the sound of someone clearing their throat became present. They both turned to the door, instantly seeing the purple haired teen with his natural bored expression. They both froze like a pair of dear in headlights, not at all expecting someone to see their little act. At this Shinsou chuckled.

"You two were yelling everything. The cafeteria is RIGHT THERE," He gestured out the room to where students collect their food and they both looked over to see a bunch of students looking over at them and complete silence coming from the space. "If you wanted all that to be a secret.... Than you chose the wrong time and the wrong place."

With that said, Shinsou grabbed Surebu by the collar of her hoodie and started to drag her out of the side door to go sit down. As she was being dragged out she looked over to Lunch Rush and took note of how he'd ducked down behind a bench to hide, his hat completely visible over the table top. She smiled at the sight quickly moving so that she'd slipped out of Shinsou's grip and was walking beside him.

That all changed however when she looked out over the faces of people watching her. Noting this she quickly moved in front of Shinsou, surprising him slightly as she handed him the trays. Waisting no time she quickly put her hood so far over her head that it covered her eyes.

Shinsou gave the slightest chuckle as she took the trays back from him, head down. "Is it really that embarrassing?" He asked shaking his head, but when she didn't answer he paused. "Surebu?"

"I'm not used to people seeing that side of me..." She mumbled ducking her head down slightly. "Maybe we should just go...?" At that Shinsou frowned.

He quickly wrapped his arms around the back of her neck and began to guide her towards the table he'd believed was the one he was invited to join. He quickly noted Monoma waving at them and knew he was heading the right way. He also realised Surebu wasn't fighting his hold, this made him feel a bit better about what he was doing since he knew she was looking forward to sitting with some new friends.

Once at the table he paused, pulling her to stand in front of him and gestured to her. "This the goof-ball you were asking for right?" He asked, grin slowly making it to his face. He watched those at the table smile or nod at him as Surebu seemed to shrink in embarrassment. He gently nudged her, waiting for her to look at him before gesturing to Tetsue. The metal head went wide eyed and his face flushed as he realised Surebu was now looking at him.

He let out an awkward laugh and moved over so that there was more space for them to sit. Shinsou instantly began to push her into the seat, watching her sit next to Tetsue before finally sitting down himself and grabbing a tray from her for himself. The grin grew as Shinsou moved, bumping Surebu into Tetsue slightly.

At this, Surebu turned to her brother with a harsh glare, but the purple haired boy casually started eating as if he hadn't done anything in the first place. The ravenette rolled her eyes at Shinsou's antics before turning back to the table and giving the slight bow of her head, thanking them for inviting her. She'd also given a small introduction to Shinsou who'd ignored the ones who tried to strike up a conversation.

It wasn't long after when the room was lively once more with groups all over talking amongst each other about this and that. Surebu found it quite welcoming to sit in a group and be included in conversation, and after a while, Shinsou joined in as well.

Down by the kitchen, Aizawa stood against the glass on the display looking over at the table. Next to him was Midnight, holding a small paper bag and staring with wide eyes. Behind the display case, Lunch Rush finished his explanation on what was happening.

Aizawa's face suddenly dropped as he looked over at the food hero. "She told you not to tell me?" At this Lunch Rush paused, sensing he'd messed up somehow, but still giving a faint nod. Aizawa groaned at this, facing the group once more. She seemed so genuinely happy sitting over there. The sleep deprived man sighed going between Rush and Midnight. "No one tell Vlad!"