I Jumped

The room was filled with chatter left and right. This early in the morning, Aizawa hadn't even come to class yet. It was lively. It was full of smiles. Then suddenly it all went quiet. Everyone was faced at the door as a dark figure stood there. She was wearing a dark blue hoody with the hood over her head and a pair of black gloves. She wore black jeans without shoes, strangely enough. Only white socks making the red stains almost impossible to ignore.

She stood there silently with papers in her hand. She refused to look from the ground and who could blame her? She was being stared down by the class yet again. Slowly she walked over to the desk, placed the papers down and walked back to the door.

"It's good being back. I missed getting glared at in this room," she stated clearly and confidently before walking back out. Not a single person in the room moved. Surebu was back at the school. Officially, and wasn't afraid to state her mind this time. They had been wondering what had happened to her lately. None of them had seen or heard about her for over two weeks. Now here she is?

As the day went on, the kids in 1-A had noticed that Surebu would knock on the door to deliver papers to the teachers. She also started to wear shoes at some point. It was like she was the schools messenger now instead of a student.

Eventually, the lunch bell rang and everyone shuffled off to get their food. Ideas as to why Surebu was suddenly back and what happened to her seemed to appear everywhere. Not a single person in class 1-A was willing to ignore it. As far as they knew, she was a missing villain just the other day, and now she's going back and forth skipping through the halls singing to herself as she goes.

Some believed she was mind controlled to do what she did, or that she was forced to do things against her will. It was Ojiro's suggestions. Another theory was that she didn't like being with the villains and came back. Kaminari really believed she hated them. Along with those, they also believed that the second she would try to leave, she was forced to stay in some way. No matter what they came up with, they were never actually completely correct. None of them understood completely what was happening. The theories continued to be thrown across the room as they all began to eat, even Bakugo tuned in. Considering the what was happening, they all say upon the same table at lunch, struggling to find one large enough for them all.

Suddenly, Midoriya noticed something as he ate. "Is it just me, or does the food taste different to you? I mean it's familiar, but not like our usual lunches that Lunch-Rush makes us," he said looking at his food. It was only then that people actually paid attention to the flavour of what they were eating. It really did taste different. It wasn't a bad different, just different. As for familiar. It was scarily so, but no one could place where this explosion of flavour came from.

Soon after this discovery Shinsou and Surebu walked past the table, each holding their own trays of food walking to find a table of their own.

"You're a good cook," Shinsou mumbled through a large bite of food. Surebu smiled brightly at him.

"Thank you. I can't believe they actually let me help with lunch. I'm surprised," Shinsou nodded at this bit of knowledge. He had to agree. It was a surprise.

Once they were out of ear shot, the table with the class 1-A kids seemed to be plagued with silence. Each one looked down at their food. Suddenly Sato looked up with a thought.

"Do you all remember those surprise breakfasts that used to randomly pop up every now and again?" suddenly, realisation hit them all like a speeding bus on a highway with Toga at the wheel. "Guess we finally figured out who the secret cook was," he chuckled, but it was a sad, hollow chuckle. Not a single sign of happiness in his voice.

Not another peep came from those at the table, but every now and again, their eyes would wonder over to Surebu and Shinsou as they ate and talked. Few times they spotted the two standing or laughing. No one knew what they were doing, but it seemed like they were having fun. Another thing they noticed was how those two seemed to separate themselves from everyone else. No one came to sit with them as they were in the very back of the room. The far back. The place where only one tabled was placed. A table no one had ever actually used, until today.

It was nearing the end of lunch when the two had gotten up and began to walk towards the kitchen with their trays. Class 1-A seemed to play the mannequin game as they walked past. Freeze!

"So you only need to do the hero training now? So unfair," Shinsou looked down to his now empty tray as Surebu pat his back.

"Actually, I'm getting private English, Modern literature and math lessons from Hazashi, Ectoplasm and Cementoss. Aizawa just wanted to minimalize contact and time spent with class 1-A for now," Surebu explained making Shinsou pause in his steps.

"Were they really that bad?" he found himself asking with a slight tilt of his head. Surebu glared at him slightly.

"Check what you say and where you say it bro," she mumbled jabbing her thumb at the table of living statues. Shinsou looked at them and seemed to understand.

"How long have they been frozen like that?" he asked genuinely concerned for their mental state. Maybe it was a quirk?

"Since we began to walk," she answered in a monotone voice.

"Is this normal?" He had to check. It had to be some sort of quirk.

"No. Usually their eyes follow me everywhere. Honestly gives me nightmares."

"Now I understand why you went to the villains." Shinsou shuffled past uncomfortably to get past them. They did that of their own free will, so they weren't under the influence of a quirk and just did it to avoid them.

"Well that's only a small fraction of the story. Besides, the villains were just plain rude. Though they knew how to throw a party," Surebu began to walk off again, this time Shinsou was behind her looking back at the kids he thought were going to be great hero's one day.

"I'd run away as well honestly. That treatment is just wrong," was the last thing Shinsou had said before his entire body was forced to a stop by Surebu's next words.

"I didn't run away Shinsou. I jumped techinically speaking," Surebu mumbled the last bit so that it was barely audible. After finally processing those words Shinsou turned away from the frozen 1-A kids and jogged to Surebu's side.

Slowly everyone at the table began to move again, but not one was willing to speak.

She's back!!!
I wonder what's going to happen next 😈