Mirror

Surebu was alone in her room. She'd refused to go anywhere since Aizawa left to go to work. She felt so out of place here. She didn't know if she should've agreed to all this, but it's what was happening and there was nothing she could do.

Finally she looked at the wardrobe again. A thought came to her mind as she walked over to the wooden object. She reached out to open it as carefully as possible. Then she began going through the cloths once again.

The first one was the uniform. She could only frown before moving along. There was a pink tank top with a pair of jeans. Surebu humed at the sight before looking down at herself. There wasn't much difference between what she was currently wearing. Once again, she moved along. It was a longsleeve black shirt with butterfly patterns and black sweat pants. She shrugged. Next was a light blue striped shirt with long pants and a big jacket. This made a small smile hit Surebu's lips. She looked over the winter set once again before she noticed a pair of dark blue gloves. Her eyes were wide as she looked at the peace of wooly clothing.

Surebu looked around the room before making the decision to try on the gloves. They slipped on her hands perfectly. Each finger individually placed in its own spot. A smile spread over her lips.
"This'll work great," she whispered to herself before going back to the wardrobe. There was a last set of clothing that got Surebu's attention. It was a purple long sleeved button up shirt with fluffy purple pants. Her smile grew and she instantly reached out to grab it.

Eventually she was walking to the girls bathrooms. Thanks to Aizawa's knowledge of the dorms, though it was quite limited, she found the room easily. Even though Surebu knew she shouldn't be doing something so childish right now, but she was so exited. It had been almost a month since she'd had a clean pair of cloths to wear, and she's never worn fluffy cloths in her life.

She peeked into the room hoping no one was there. Thankfully for the girl, everyone was still in the common room discussing tonight's events. Surebu let out a small sigh at the empty room and practically ran to the mirrors. She froze looking herself over in the reflection.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" She asked reaching out to her reflection. "Last time I saw you was, what? Three weeks, two days and five hours ago?" She smiled slightly. "You look a bit better than last time. Looks like you've been eating better," she continued to talk to her reflection as if it was a normal act. "At least your physical appearance is getting better huh?" She let out a small chuckle. "I don't think I can say the same about the mental state of a girl with the name Surebu," she looked down at an offending sink that stood between the girl and her reflection.

As Surebu continued this conversation, Jirou happened to walk past and heard someone talking. Curious as to who it was, she snuck in and saw Surebu having a good old chat with her reflection.

"You okay there?" Jirou ended up speaking even though she was just seeking around. Surebu jumped at the voice and turned to look for its owner. Once she saw Jirou her heart began to calm itself down.

"I'm fine," Surebu yelped out. Jirou smiled at the reaction. She couldn't say that she wasn't slightly amused by the others reaction. Jirou thought over her next moves. She knew practically nothing about this girl, only what Aizawa had told the class, and that was almost nothing at all. What Jirou wanted was to know who she was dealing with.

"I'm Jirou," she introduced walking in. "Do you like music?" She asked not even letting Surebu attempt to adjust to the idea of a conversation. Surebu straightened up and turned back to the mirror.

"Yes, I do. I wouldn't be alive today if I didn't," she mumbled out. Jirous eyes grew at the news.

"You don't mean that literally do you?" She found herself asking. Her body was stiff at the idea and she was hoping Surebu only mumbled like that was because she was shy, but she could see the others face in the mirror and knew it was literal. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked leaning on the sink next to Surebu.

"I'm fine, thanks anyway," Surebu mumbled out once again. Jirou let out a sigh. She guessed Surebu wasn't one to share.

"Then how about telling me why you were talking to yourself in the mirror," Jirou sighed out wanting something to go off of. Surebu flinched at that statement, but nodded.

"I never really get the chance to look at myself in a mirror, so when I do.... It's like a whole new person is looking right back at me. I guess it just feels right to talk about how different I look. It brings it to reality," a small silence came over the two. Jirou was a little bit worried about this girl.

"Aizawa was right," Jirou mumbled out causing Surebu to look over to her. "You haven't had the best life before this," she looked away from the other girl knowing there would be a pained expression painted over her face, but suprise ran through her body when she heard the other begin to chuckle. Jirou looked over at her to see her looking at the mirror.

"It wasn't the best life, but it definitely wasn't the worst. The way I see it is, I made it this far. That just means my life was better than those who didn't make it. As long as you live, you're life is worth living," a smile was strained on her face as she looked over to Jirou. "I'd better get back to my room. It was nice meeting you Jirou," was the last thing Surebu had said before she was skipping out of the room. Jirou just stared at where the girl used to be, the words echoing in her head.