two

Kim Yu-jin
1/09/20 (two years ago)

I stood in the mirror looking at my reflection wishing that it could tell me what it sees.

But it couldn't.

If it could, then the world would've been a much better place.

Today was my first day, my last one. It is my senior year of college and I plan to lay low and not get everyone's attention for the wrong things like how I've always done in the past.

"Ya! Make it fast, we gotta go now!  We're gonna be late!" My loving yet annoying brother yelled as he stood at the doorway to my room. "Yeah, I'm coming pabo." I replied without hesitation, smirking at my brother's now angry face. Correction, his now pouting face.

"You're such a bully Yu-jinah!"

"And you're such an idiot Kim Sunoo!"

I grabbed my backpack before taking one quick look in the mirror proud of my looks and left the house with Sunoo. He started the car once we were both in and we finally left, headed to our campus for our last first day.

"So any plans for next year?" I raised an eyebrow at Sunoo curiosity present in my voice.

He sighed heavily, eyes still focused on the road, "You know I don't have a say in this."

And he was right, he didn't. Our father wants him to take over the company and continue the family business like every other Kim Man there was. He doesn't have the freedom I have in living his life the way he wants

"I'm sorry."

He turned his head towards me letting out a little chuckle, "What are you apologizing for Yu-jinah? It's not like you could do anything. It isn't your fault. Now put a smile on that face and let's start our last first day on a good note."

I nod slowly showing Sunoo a faint smile.

After the longest 15 minutes of my life, we finally arrived at the campus. I immediately got out of the car and ran straight to the courtyard searching for a particular face.

A smile appeared on my face when I finally spotted her,  my best friend Yoon Hye-ri. She is my favorite person in the entire world and I love her so much.

I immediately ran to her and engulfed her in a tight embrace. She just laughed whole-heartedly during the embrace. Hye-ri was the one person who actually got me and understood me in this messed up world. While everyone thought of me being nothing more than a spoilt brat getting everything she wants she actually saw the good in me, some that I never even saw in my entire life. She opened my eyes and unknowingly my heart too.

"Oh, would you look at that. If it isn't Princess Kim Yu-jin." I'd recognize that voice anywhere. It only belonged to one arsehole that being Lee Heeseung. That f-er cut mines and Hye-ri's reunion short. I'm so going to get him back later for this.

"Lee Heeseung, never a pleasure to see your face. What's up?" I replied, raising an eyebrow. I could hear everyone's oooh's and ahhh's as they gathered around us.

"F- you, Yu-jin." To say Heeseung was angry was an understatement. He was fuming. He just left after that.

"What the f- are your'll looking at? The show's over, get to your classes!" Hye-ri shouted and to my surprise they actually listened.

"We should get to class. Come on, Yu-Jinah," listening to Hye-ri's words I took her hand and allowed her to guide me as she had always done so before in the past.

We were silent the entire time until Hye-ri decided to say something ending the silent period, "You know, Heeseung's mother died during summer break. He's going through a rough time and that's probably why he is being such a dIck."

"Oh my god, I didn't know." All that anger I felt towards Heeseung was gone and the only thing I felt for him was sympathy.

"You wouldn't have, Uncle Lee paid the press to not leak the information. Apparently death is bad for business so the family had a small funeral service where only the close family got to attend. That's how I know but that's beside the point. The reason why I'm telling you this is because you know where Heeseung is coming from and how hard it is to lose your mother. Talk to him and help him. You're a good person Yu-jinah. I know you are. You pretend that you're not but deep down you are."

"Ok ok, I'll find Heeseung later and apologize to him. Happy?" Damn you, Hye-ri.

"Yes, very! As much as he is a huge dIckhead, he is still my cousin and I still care about him." The way I wanted to wipe that smile off Hye-ri's face but I wouldn't because she is my best friend and I love her so much.

Our conversation was interrupted by the ringing of a bell.

Oh, shIt! We're late!