twelve

Kim Yu-jin
30/10/20

Heeseung and I have come to some sort of truce you could say. Since that day in the hospital, we haven't been at each other's throats like how we normally would be. Don't get me wrong, we still hate each other but we learnt to tolerate each other's presence since our best friends started dating.

Yep, you guessed it. Hye-ri and Jay are dating. It only took her like 12 years but she finally confessed to Jay.

I am now sitting at the same table with not only my brother but his friends as well including Heeseung. Ever since Hye-ri started dating Jay, we've been spending our lunch breaks with them.

Amazing, right?

I not only have to listen to Jay and Sunoo's bickering but I also have to force myself to not gag at Jay and Hye-ri's public displays of affection.

Don't get me wrong, I love them together. They are my ship but it's a 'little' too much even for a hopeless romantic like me.

I could tell that I'm not the only one trying to keep my lunch from making a reappearance because Heeseung was doing the same. Every time Jay says some cringey pickup line to Hye-Ri, Heeseung snorts and then proceeds to cover it up with a cough.

Idiot.

When he snorted again, I kicked him underneath the table. He immediately turned to me, glaring. I smiled back at him in return.

See, we tolerate each other. I'm even smiling at him. Isn't is lovely?

My mood immediately changes when Jun-ho walks in with Ji-young latched onto his arm. The sight alone is capable of making me throw up.

Lee Heeseung

I felt Yu-jin stiffen next to me. There could be only one reason for that, the ba5tard Jun-ho.

The guy doesn't know what personal space is seeing how Ji-young is all in his space with the way she is clutching on to his arm, terrified that it's going to fall off.

I don't know what comes over me in this moment because I take Yu-jin's hand in mines, again. She turns her head facing me, her face full of gratitude. I nod, letting her know I understand her. Soon, thereafter she relaxes under my touch.

"What do you say, we get out of here?" I lean down, whispering in her ear.

She looks at me, a mixture of shock and confusion etched on her face but she nods, nonetheless.

I get up from my seat, still holding onto her hand and we leave the cafeteria, hand in hand.