nine

Lee Heeseung
18/09/20

I am currently huddled up with my team as we discuss the changes that are being made for the rest of the game.

The score is 2-2 which means that if we don't score the next goal then we can say goodbye to the semi's and our championship title.

"Jay, you defend and don't let the other team get ahold of the puck." Jay nods.

"Sunoo, I need your help in scoring." Sunoo's eyes widen for a moment, registering my words but he quickly covers it up and nods as well.

"Alright, now on three." I put my hand in the middle waiting for everyone else to follow and do the same.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

We all lift our hands in the air as break out of the huddle and head on back to the rink for overtime.

I find Yu-jin in the crowd, cheering for her brother. I haven't seen her since that day in the cafeteria. She saw Jun-ho and Ji-young together. I knew why she was upset but I didn't understand why it bothered her so much considering the fact that Jun-ho was an abusive ba5tard that never deserved her in the first place.

I don't know why I took her hand in mines and comforted her. I don't know where the urge to smash Jun-ho's face after seeing her pained expression came from.

These feelings are dangerous. They make you vulnerable. That's why I've been distancing myself from her. That way, I can carry on doing what I do best - make her life a living hell. I've always been doing it, why stop now?

The whistle blows and I immediately pass the puck to Sunoo. Jay does a good job at defending and not letting the puck get into the other sides possession. Sunoo passes the puck to me and I pass it back to him. Just as he is about to pass it back to me, I fall or rather someone pushes me. Before I can register the fall, I land on the icy ground.

The whole world around me goes silent except for me because I'm screaming my lungs out in pain.