six

Kim Yu-jin
08/09/20

It's been a week since Jun-ho reappeared in my life and a week since Heeseung disappeared from my life. No one has seen him since he walked out of the cafeteria that day. Not that I started to care about the guy, I just worried for him. Especially after what Hye-ri told me. Losing a mother is hard. I would know. I lost mines.

"Is it just me or is the certified shoe without s, Ji-young glaring daggers at us?" My thoughts were interrupted by Hye-ri who did not hesitate to return even more daggers to Ji-young.

This girl, I swear.

"Ya, snap out of it," I snapped my fingers in front of her in an attempt to get her attention. Thankfully she stopped glaring daggers at Ji-young. "Now, are you going to tell me what the hell is going on with Jun-ho?" She now directed all her attention to me I felt myself sink into my seat.

"What do you mean? There is nothing to say. He wanted to go to Canada to study and I didn't want to leave Seoul so we broke up. He went to Canada and I stayed her in Seoul. Simple." The lie rolled off my tongue. It's easy when you've been doing it for two whole years now.

"No, not simple. Because he isn't in Canada anymore. He is here. In Seoul." She said her tone, high pitched.

"What can I say Hye-ri? We broke up. It's been two years. I don't feel that way about him anymore." I said a little frustrated.

"Ok, if you say so," she put her hands up in defeat and finally dropped the subject. Thank goodness for that.

The bell rings and we leave the library, making our way to the cafeteria for lunch. Hye-ri is telling me her latest k-drama obsession "Tale of the Nine Tailed". This girl is watching a new k-drama every other week.

"I swear, I go weak in my knees every time Lee Rang smiles." She went on.

Yep, she is simping. Hard.

"You only said that like about 500 times," I drawled sarcastically as we entered the cafeteria.

"You would understand if you watched it or if you watched any of the other k-dramas I recommend to you." She huffed in frustration.

"I already told you Hye-ri. Those k-dramas are fake. They are just fantasies. Life isn't a k-drama. Life is just disappointment and grief."

"I knew I shouldn't have recommended you the romance ones." She said, frustrated with herself.

I started laughing but stopped when my eyes landed on Jun-ho and Ji-young, making out.

What the f-?

I froze in my spot and Hye-ri stopped moving as well when she saw them.

"Okay so that's new?" She said, scratching at her head.

I didn't say anything. I stayed silent the entire time until Hye-ri decided to break the silence.

"Come on, let's go find a seat," she grabbed my hand and started walking.

I hate how Jun-ho kissing Ji-young affected me. I wish it didn't. But it did. And I hated it. It should mean nothing because I don't like him anymore. Not after what he did. Then why did it affect me if I didn't even like him anymore?

Ughhhh, why is life so messed up?

I just want it all to stop. I want to stop feeling. I want to just stop existing.

My thoughts were interrupted by Hye-ri who ushered me to sit down with her at the table.

It wasn't just any table, no.

It was Lee Heeseung's table.

Great. Just great.