eight

Kim Yu-jin
18/09/20

I didn't have classes today which meant that I could sleep in and wake up late and once I finally did wake up, I would spend the rest of the day watching Netflix.

My plans however were ruined by my lovely brother who not only woke me up super early in the morning but also dragged me out of the house because he had a very important game today.

To say that I was annoyed was an understatement. I was downright mad at my brother for forcing me out of bed so I can come to his hockey match.

So here I am, sitting in my brother's car against my will as he drives us to his match. He was going on about how this game determines who moves on to the semi-finals. I couldn't care less. I just wanted to be at home watching Netflix and stuffing my mouth with junk but no I have to watch my brother shoot a damn puck into a goal.

As if my brother can hear my thoughts, he says: "Oh, come on Yujinah. Today is really important for me and I wanted you to be there. Cheer up now. Your big bro is going to take us to the semi's!"

"We're twins."

"Yeah but I'm older."

"By only four minutes."

"Still older."

I sighed. It was pointless arguing with him on this or anything for that matter.

We didn't exchange a word after that. We were silent for the rest of the drive.

About 20 minutes later, we arrived at the rival campus my brother is going up against.

I made my way to the stands that were closest to the ice rink so I could watch the match and tell Hye-ri all about it later since she couldn't come today because she had classes. I really wish she were here right now instead of me. I didn't care for ice hockey at all.

I found an empty seat by the glass window and decided to sit there. While I wait for the game to begin, I check my phone and see a message from Hye-ri.

Hye-ri: OMGOMGOMG! I can't believe that I'm not there with you right now. You're so lucky! You better tell me everything! Is Jay there? Of course he is there, he is on the team. Never mind. 🙈

I chuckle at her text. Hye-ri has the hugest crush on Jay but she won't tell him because she fears that he doesn't feel the same. That doesn't stop her from obsessing over the guy though.

Yu-jin: Yes, yes. Don't worry, I will tell you everything when I get back. And to answer your question, yes. Jay is here ;)

I put my phone away when the players start walking in for the game to begin. The rival team makes their way first to the center. Their captain leads them. Our team follows them with Heeseung leading them as he is the captain. This is the first time I'm seeing him since that day in the cafeteria when he held my hand and secretly comforted me. We didn't talk after that. I didn't know what to say to that. I didn't expect him to do that because we hate each other but now I'm not too sure.

Heeseung and the captain from the other team face each other in the center. The whistle goes and the game is afoot.