5

I S A B E L L A

I groan and push my face into my pillow. The cold breeze coming from my window brings goosebumps to my uncovered legs and i immediately kick them under the covers as i peel my eyes open and try to adjust my vision to the sunlight.

My head is pounding as i slowly sit up in my bed, i bring my hands up to my forehead and rub it trying to ease the soreness but it's no use. The migraine only gets worse the longer I'm wake.

My tired eyes scan my room in search of my phone, when i spot it at the end of my bed i sit up more and stretch my arm out grabbing the phone and falling back onto the bed whilst letting out a groan.

I'm surprised that i woke up at 9 in the morning after getting back home only some time past 3 o'clock in the morning. Unlocking my phone i look for notification but there are none.

None from Abby, which means she's upset with me.

I remember most things from last night.

I remember dancing with Keith, i remember Abby bringing me to the stranger and i remember her stomping away mostly angry with me. I remember sitting next to the stranger and i remember i could have been drugged last night. I remember shouting at Keith, which i don't usually do. I don't like shouting at people or being even remotely rude.

And i remember the stranger telling me his name is Axel. I remember the stranger's beautiful features, i remember his smell, his touch and when he nicknamed me Bella.

And apart from that, everything else is a blur.

A part of me hopes Abby leaves me alone forever, and the other part hopes she gets over it so i am not left all alone.

I'm already basically alone, but if Abby leaves me I'm completely alone. I've been an orphan for almost a year now, my parents died in a car crash and ever since then i've been juggling school with work trying to pay the rent for this little shitty apartment whilst also trying to finish high school and graduate.

Its exhausting.

I still try clinging onto what i can of Abby, to try to get her stay a little longer. No matter how much I want to let go, i cling on because it's the loneliness i fear.  But i know that no matter how much i cling on i'm already all alone.

I groan for the 100th time and try to curl up under the blankets, but then once i remember where i am and what i have to do today i force myself to get out of bed and with a resigned sigh, i venture out into the living room of my small apartment and trudge into my bathroom, turning on my shower i step in and let the hot water fall down and around my body. I stand there for a little longer than i should but eventually i force myself to get moving, and start getting ready for work.

I pull out a pair of yoga pants and a tank top, then i tie my hair into a loose ponytail. I walk into my kitchen and rummage through my drawers until i find some ibuprofen to help my hangover. Popping the pill into my mouth, i pick up my jacket and purse and head out the door.

The walk to work is short, I was thankful for bringing a jacket because it started pouring rain when i was half way at work. The awful weather brang down my mood and it felt like the ibuprofen was hardly helping my sore head.

I regret drinking so much and staying out so long, because now i'm sore and tired at work.

I was soaked by the time i got to work, my feet were cold and wet under my shoes, my yoga pants were stuck to my skin and felt heavy. Water was dripping down my forehead and dropping off my eyelashes. I was cold and my mood was now even worse. I wanted to run home and crawl under the covers.