12

I S A B E L L A

I baked him muffins.

I baked Axel muffins, so that when he comes back with my dress i can give it to him as a thank you token.

I wasn't sure when he was coming back to the cafe, i wasn't sure if he even liked muffins.

But i tossed and turned last night, until i climbed out of bed and made him the first thing that came into my mind at 3am.

It was also only after Axel left my apartment yesterday and i was left alone with nothing but my own thoughts that the realisation crept in. 

Abby had spilt piping hot coffee on me.

She laughed at the fact she left a burn on my chest.

She laughed because she enjoyed my pain.

I knew Abby wasn't a great friend, i knew that she was toxic and unhealthy. But i didn't think she'd stoop to the level of not only humiliating me but also hurting me over a boy who didn't even show any interest for her.

Maybe i was overreacting, maybe i was thinking too much about this situation but i realised that she hated when the attention was on me.

Abby would make a rude comment about me immediately after someone gave me a compliment and not her. She'd ignore me weeks on end if i did something better than her. She'd move on to any boy that even remotely looked at me.

When Axel was rude to her at the party, and let me sit with him it set her off. It never got this bad, she'd bully me, ignore me and then she'd act like nothing had happened after. But this time she didn't get the attention instead, it was me. And it made her furious. So she ignored me for almost a month before throwing coffee on me. She was insecure, maybe even more than she made me to be.

Jealousy is easier to see than one might expect, it for sure has no cloak of invisibility.

"Hey, how are you?" A gentle feminine voice pulls me out of my thoughts and i turn around, my hair flipping over my shoulder as i do.

"Hey, I'm okay." I smile when i see Lucy. This morning, she had her chestnut brown hair up in a messy bun and was wearing a light purple sports bra paired with light purple leggings indicating she had just come from the gym.

"How was the gym?" I asked.

"It was good," She exhaled, throwing her bag into her locker. "You should come with me next time." She said, her hands now on her hips as she stood up straight looking at me.

Going to the gym with Lucy sounds fun, i have no muscle or strength on me whatsoever but Lucy's progress in the gym has inspired me to try so i nod, grinning at her.

Lucy nods before her eyes shift to my chest. "How's your chest?"

I looked down at my chest, it blistered a little in some places and was still bright pink like a bad sunburn.

"Sore, but i'll manage" I reply blankly, leaning my back onto the wall and stretching my long legs out.

"She is such a bitch! I cannot believe that happened to you." Lucy shook her head in shock, her eyes slightly widened as thin strands of hair fell loosely on her face.

"It was unexpected, that's for sure." I awkwardly chuckle, shaking my head and playing with my fingers.

"Yeah," She mumbled. "And Axel, oh my gosh!" She suddenly jerked up her voice raised causing me to jump.