32

I S A B E L L A

When Ronan texted me and told me to meet him outside my apartment building, the last thing i expected to see was him blasting Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen in his car.

I had heard the music before i even stepped foot outside the building, and i convinced myself it wouldn't be Ronan.

Who was i kidding? Of course it was Ronan.

He sang the lyrics, shades on his face and his car window down as he watched me walk down the stone built path towards his car.

I pulled the door open and climbed in right as Ronan turned the music up louder.

"Before you came into my life, i missed you so bad!" He bopped his head to the music, his red locks bopping with him, he nudged me to sing along.

"I missed you so bad! I missed you so, so bad!" I rolled my eyes and gave in as we both sang the lyrics. There was something about Ronan, he knew how to lift a persons mood up, how to make them feel good and welcomed. It just came naturally on him to be so likeable.

I paused the music, a soft chuckle escaping my lips as i did. "You're crazy." I sighed.

"Crazy and proud." He smirked, i looked up at him, his broad smile threatened to break into a laugh.

"So carrots, where are you taking me now?" i asked, i had realised i hadn't even had a seatbelt on when Ronan reached for it over my head and buckled me up.

"Axel's house, he won another fight and we celebrate each time he does, it's his thing." Ronan started the engine. "How could i leave you out?"

Axel. My grumpy sweetheart.

I hadn't seen him in a full week since we kissed. I've spent seven days obsessing over him, gripping onto how it felt to be kissed with so much passion. Holding onto the feeling of him.

I felt stupid really, he probably did not spend this much time thinking about me. I wondered how much this kiss even meant to him, did it make him melt every time he thought of me like i did for him?

It took one kiss to be completely sucked in.

And now i was going to see him again, i was mortified.

Ronan looked pleased, a soft sense of happiness had made itself at home in his features. He knew all about me and Axel and his face gave it away.

He had no idea that i knew about him and Lucy.

"Isabella." He requested my attention, i nodded for him to continue before he drove out into the smooth road.

"Axel, i think he's..." The air was now heavy, he had now shifted it into a serious conversation. Ronan looked at me, he watched my face light up at the mere mention of Axel's name. Ronan's features softened, his lips lifted into a smile, his eyes sad.

"Nevermind." He broke eye contact. I lifted an eyebrow, frowning.

"Axel's what?"

He shook his head, dismissing me. "It doesn't matter."

I let it go, and for the rest of the ride we sat in a comfortable silence. I tried to figure out what made Ronan change his mind about telling me whatever he was going to about Axel. It stuck with me, the way he was suddenly so worried.

I played with my fingers, a nervous shiver crawled up my spine and set off goosebumps. I was anxious to see Axel again. What would he do? Would he act like it never happened? Or will he look at me the same way he did seven nights ago?