17

I S A B E L L A

I twirled and twisted a strand of hair in my fingers as I was watching the boring video on my laptop. I was sent an assignment by my science teacher to watch a half an hour long youtube video on how animals reproduce.

I was only seven minutes in and could already feel my eyes closing, i blame it on the long day of work and the fact that it's 11 at night.

I just barely survived the long day of work today, I had customers coming at me left and right.

Not to mention, Axel hasn't come to the cafe in almost 2 weeks. I was beginning to wonder if i would ever see him again, because over the past month i've known him i've begun to only look forward to seeing him at work.

Seeing him in the cafe was the only way i could have any contact with him, we only ever saw each other there. And even though usually the conversation consists of the same thing: him ordering and then leaving, it was the only way i knew he was okay.

Axel has become my friend to me even if he doesn't want me as one, and sometimes just seeing his face gives me so much butterflies, his name forced a smile on my face that i couldn't control no matter how hard i tried. He had that effect on me whether i liked it or not.

Axel is kind in his own way, he is sweet and deep inside he is just a softie and oddly enough he has become someone i care about, i was so used to seeing him, i was so used to taking his order and writing his name neatly on a cup that now he has become my friend.

A friend that i don't talk to very much, that doesn't consider me to be his and barely even looks at me when he sees me. But he was my friend, whether he liked it or not.

I slammed closed the laptop , pulling myself away from my thoughts i set the laptop on the floor. I was worried he would never come back again, i had begun to really like him and now i wasn't sure if he would come back because of that girl on his lap.

I bet he wants to be friends with her.

I had always thought that Axel just doesn't like people, that's why he's so rude towards me, i ignored myself when i thought he just didn't like me, i always thought i was wrong. But now i'm not sure.

I forced myself up, rolling out of bed and deciding that stuffing my face with food and watching Tangled for the millionth time would be the solution to this problem.

In my baby pink oversized shirt and nothing but a pair of white undies i trudge to the kitchen, i pull out all the snacks i can find and then dump them on the couch before throwing myself on the couch right after.

I punch in a few buttons on the remote and scroll to look for Tangled, I can't help but grin when i find it and i quickly switch it on.

I adjust myself on the couch until i am in a comfortable position, almost immediately stuffing my face with gummy bears.

I relax as my thoughts clear and i am able to begin to enjoy the movie peacefully whilst eating my favourite food. I lean my head back in a comfortable position, using my right arm to hold my head up as I lay on my side, the food scattered all around me.

A few knocks echo through the apartment, and i snap my head to the front door, pausing the movie in the process . Who the heck is knocking on my door at this time?

I blankly stare at the wooden door for a few moments, trying to figure out if it is a murder or if i just can't be bothered to get up.

When the room grows silent and no more knocks are heard, i turn my attention back on the movie and switch it on. I begin to stuff my face again, silently singing to the songs that come on.