34

I S A B E L L A

Ronan sat in his car, i noticed him park by the cafe and watched him through the window. His head hung low as he looked at his phone. He ran a hand over his face, he looked exhausted. A moment later he got out his car and lingered into the cafe.

His frown disappeared so fast and was disguised with a smile. He scanned the place and when he noticed me his smile grew, his eyes softened. He rushed over to the table and sat down. It felt odd, acting like a customer instead of working here. But after all, the cafe was my safe place and i needed time out by myself.

"Hey princess" He kissed me on the forehead, and circled his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey." I replied with a smile, Ronan felt like a breath of fresh air, i've grown so attached to his presence, to his comfort and hyper behaviour that now I can't imagine life without this goofball. He meant so much more to me than he thought.

I turned my head back to look out the clean window, i watched people who walked past the shop. People rushed to their duties, some in a hurry to get home, others clearly on the way to work. I could see the main road from here and the brightness of the streetlights, the allure of the beckoning city, seemingly saving people like me.

"How have you been?" He asked as he kept a hold of me, i turned my attention back to him.

"How have you been?" I flipped the question, he kept a smile on his face but i could tell he knew i was asking about that night.

"I'm good." He breathed and took a sip of my coffee.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders and placed the cup back onto the table.

"I wanted to see you, Isabells."

This brought to me a sense of deja vu, and somehow those 6 simple words had brought me back to one of the nights at the beach house.

"Dance with me, pretty girl."  Ronan smirked at me, shouting over the loud music. The club lights shined on his face, his red hair became somewhat brighter under these lights. Or maybe it was my drunk mind seeing stuff.

I threw my head back to laugh and placed my hand in his. Ronan pulled me from my seat and away from our friends. His hands landed on my waist as he swayed me to the music. He kept me close to him, away from all the bodies dancing around us.

He spun me around, i heard him laugh as i almost tripped. This man danced with so much energy, i was seconds away from being sick.

"You have too much energy, i'm already tired!" I laughed, gripping onto his shoulders as i caught my breath.

"Suck it up, buttercup." He replied, but i still noticed how we had slowed down. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Ronan." I yelled over the music, he looked down at me and raised his eyebrows for me to continue.

"I love you, you know."  It was my drunk self speaking, but i hope he remembers these words. Because I truly meant them.

Ronan let out a chuckle, his smile grew. "No, i love you!"

"I'm being serious, carrots."

"So am i, isabells." He replied, and i believed him.

"Why are you so amazing? To me, to everyone." Ronan's eyes softened, they smiled at me.

"I think you underestimate just how amazing you are, Isabella. I think of you and i smile. You are wonderful, you bring light into the world, you are everything and more pretty girl." His drunk thoughts and slurred words brought tears to my eyes.