Chapter 18

Chapter 18
~ Two truths and a lie ~

The tub of icecream she had devoured lay open and empty on the floor of her bedroom. Anna's face was a buried in his chest and after a few minutes of laying in his arms she was crying, the reason she had no idea why.

Eli had come into her room and apologized. After their fight, she cried for a while and then passed out on the floor. She forgot that locking the door was stupid anyways, this was his house so he had the keys.  She awoke to the feeling of him moving her from the floor to an actual bed so her back didn't hurt and her heart swooned at the mediocre, yet heart-filled gesture.

He still had every right to be mad at her, and she him. But right now neither of them cared about that. Anna herself was suffering from a severe case of Eli's withdrawal and she could tell that if they kept fighting it would take a toll on her.

At first,  Anna didn't know what to say. The way he used her abandonment issues against her broke her heart. She didn't know whether she could even look at him without maybe wanting to punch him in the face. And if she was being honest she kind of still wanted to punch him in the face, but not in a way that would hurt him.

Well considering the fact that she didn't know how to throw a punch for the life of her, that probably have backfired but that didn't mean she still didn't want to do it.

She knew she was hurt but what didn't make sense is that the moment he apologized, she fell into him and bawled her heart out.

Anna acknowledged that she was also in the wrong. She now knew she had no right going through his stuff or reading that letter, thinking back on it she had no idea why she even did it in the first place.

Eli, on the other hand, had forgotten all about it. For the most part, he just wanted to see that she wasn't mad at him anymore and that she was okay.

He felt like a complete dick for yelling at her. So he wanted to make that right.

Anna peaked up at her boyfriend after crying a bit more. She sat up so that she was now straddling him and they were face to face.

He could see her eyes darting around his face and trying to read him. He could see that little forehead of hers scrunching up as she tried to speak. She hadn't said much since she apologized and he braced himself for what she was about to say.

"Was that our first fight?" Her head slightly tilted as she spoke and Eli chuckled.

"Yeah sweetheart; that was our first fight"

Anna gave a weak sigh and lay her head back on his chest, his hand immediately moving to her back and rubbing soothing circles on it.

"Let's never do that again"

"I agree"

There was this burning question on her mind, one she knew she probably shouldn't but still wanted to ask.

She cupped his face in her palms while using her thumb to trace his jawline.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Eli quirked an eyebrow. "About what baby?"

She took a deep breath before speaking. "Your Dad?"

She could feel his body visibly tensing below her and she stopped the motions in her hands were making, letting them fall softly down to her sides. He immediately picked them back up and placed them in their original position, not wanting her to think he was mad or that he didn't want her to touch him because she had asked a simple question.