Chapter 6

-Chapter 6-
Crooked impulses

Authenticity is the greatest relief

Authenticity is the greatest relief. Trust me, I speak from experience.

~

Elias led Anna across his house, which was so massive to her she thought it a mansion.

As they walked she could make out the silhouettes of multiple people dressed in a similar uniforms behind a tinted door, doing what seemed to be conversing amongst each-other.

Most of them were bulky males, all dressed in formal attire; Some wore suits and the others who weren't wearing suits still managed to find a way to look scary and intimidating.

If Eli wasn't by her side at the moment she would have thought that she had in fact been kidnapped and wanting to race out the large mahogany doors back to her home.

She wouldn't mind walking alone in the dark anymore if it meant she was to get out of this place.

Anna began to wonder exactly what his parents did for a living to cause such an extravagant lifestyle, she hadn't met many 17 year olds with houses the size of wealthy estates and servants constantly buzzing around.

It was most likely they worked in business, that would explain the hoards of men in suits with listening devices attached to the side their faces.

Yes that was definitely it.

Eli led her to another room that had a table along with island chairs and there sat a meal, something Anna wanted to instantly jump at when she saw it.

She suddenly remembered her cookies, they must have been left in the alley after she was attacked by those strange men.

It didn't matter now anyways, whatever laid on the table smelled really good and she couldn't wait to devour them.

"I know you're hungry, so go ahead dig in."

The thick voice laced with a slight accent coaxed her out of her trance, and she blushed slightly rubbing her arms in embarrassment and nodding her head.

He gave a nod to the seat as they both sat down, Anna began eating and didn't stop or look up once until she had finally finished.

Eli stared at her the entire time, a creepy action but he didn't care, besides, she was too engulfed in what she was doing to notice.

After scarfing down the meal she looked up to Eli and found him staring at her, she blushed and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, she likes the way he blatantly stared at her but it made her feel uncomfortable, she hadn't received this amount of attention in a long time.