Chapter 3

Chapter 3-Lone souls~

Chapter 3-
Lone souls
~

The frail child lay on the floor, hosting a red hand printed mark on his cheek. He held the stinging area where he had been hit, caressing it with his other hand and looked into the eyes of his abuser silently begging for the torture to stop.

He stared at the man hoping to find some sort of spec of humanity, maybe even kindness for his own blood son.

But his eyes were empty giving away nothing, just like his soul.

"Get up, boy,"

Elias shook his head, he wouldn't get up. He would not get up.

He preferred to lay on the cold ground and become the subject of abuse; he was after all used to it.

Upon seeing his disobedient behaviour the man struck him again this time with a belt and penetrated his back bone causing the 12-year-old to cry out in pain, sheer pain that he had always been able to endure, but this time it was too much

Because along with the physical pain being inflicted unto him his heart also hurt in the worst way imaginable .

"I'll ask you one. more. time. Get the fuck up!'

Elias looked up to the pale cold eyes of his father and let a tear fall silently at the side of his face, he although quickly wiped it away afraid of the repercussions he would be facing if he was caught showing weak emotions.

'Real men don't cry'

"Get up"

This time with the girl in mind, Elias complied and he hoisted his beaten body up from the ground awaiting his fathers instructions.

The gun he had dropped on the floor was now shoved into his hands as his father took a seat on a chair nearby and watched his son.

His petty excuse of a son.

"Shoot her"

Elias' head snapped towards his father tears now sprouting from his eyeballs unable to be kept in any longer, and he knew he would be punished for displaying weakness later on but at the moment he did not care.

He couldn't do it. He wouldn't do it. He would have to die before he did it.

No no no no no no NO.

"Please, please don't make me do this, I'll do anything but don't make me do this"

Eli shocked even himself from how delicate his voice sounded almost as if he never knew he was capable of making such a sound.

Whilst his break down his father let out an evil sneer from where he sat and stood up from the chair taking long strides over to his son.

He reached the spot where Elias stood, his body trembling in fear as sobs broke through him.