11- A Trip

The leaves on the trees are starting to fall, as the weather starts to cool- winter has arrived. Nani and I are leaving to Seoul in a few days for winter break. I have been working almost everyday and started playing the piano at Sota's bar a couple days a week. I usually hangout with Akio or Sota when I play at the bar, but I never see them at the bar at the same time. Minato still doesn't tell me much about his relationship with Hirato, so I end up having to ask Hirato about it whenever I see him, which lately has not been often. Apparently they moved in together a few weeks ago- while still attending the same college. Akio and Miu are still roommates, and Akio just broke the news that they are finally together. I have kept my promise with Nani, we go on at least two dates a week, but started seeing each other almost every day after school. I have been to some of her volleyball games, but it is hard to make them since I usually work at night. I met my Mom's girlfriend, Yui- She's five years younger than my mom which surprised me at first. She seemed pretty shy, but the more I got to know her, the more I realized why my mom started dating her. She wasn't anything like my father, she was free spirited, just like my mother- but in a calmer way. But really, she made my mom happy and that is really all that matters to me.

I still have lunch with Nani every day at school, it turned into some sort of tradition she made up on her own. Even when she has other things to take care of at school, she always comes running into my classroom making sure she eats with me. She claims it is the only way she can make it through the school day- her eating lunch with me, even if she can't stay the whole time. I like eating lunch with her too, but sometimes I feel as if I am keeping her from her responsibilities. But whenever she hears something she does not want to hear, she pretends like she didn't hear anything.

    One day I was forced to hang out with her and her friend's one day after school. We all went to a coffee shop that was nearby. I never have talked to them, but I see her walking with them around campus sometimes and when she is playing volleyball. We got along better than I expected, since I have never really talked to them before. I mostly heard things about them- always hearing the guys in my class talk about Nani and her friends, most of the boys have a crush on at least one person in that group. They're all smart, athletic, pretty, and funny- so I see why most people in the school would like them, but sometimes it worries me that Nani will leave me for a guy one day.

    I'm staying over at Nani's house the night before we leave to Seoul. As I walked to her house, it was colder than I thought it would be, carrying my luggage is the only thing keeping me warm. When I finally arrived to her apartment, she answered the door with a bright smile, wearing a white apron with a bunny on it. I looked at her in a confused way, she laughed, "I'm cooking."

    Nani held up a knife that she was holding in her hand, then moved over so I could come in. I could smell the fish she was cooking as I walked into the living room. After I placed my stuff down I walked into her kitchen which was a mess,

    "What are you cooking?"

     "Fish bowl!" She proudly said.

     After dinner, we both got ready for bed- we were flying out the next morning. I think I'm excited but also a little nervous, the closer the trip gets, the harder it is for me to sleep- I felt like a little kid. I laid next to her in her bed, her body up against mine, I can feel her breath on my skin. I lightly held her hand, her hands are cold- but I'm starting to get used to that. Her breath is warm, her body fit perfectly with mine. I want to see her face- I turned around, she looks even beautiful when sleeping. I kissed her, then felt her grab my waist. She opened her eyes and smiled at me,

    "Are you thinking about naughty things."

    She got on top of me and started kissing my neck. Her mouth felt warm, it felt good. Every time she touched me, it felt like I was melting.