ᴠɪ. tenryou

Y/n yawned as she walked, the days slowly becoming repetitive. She stretched her arms over her head, completely at ease.

..Which makes it understandable that she almost leapt out of her skin when she walked right into someone.

Y/n spun around to face them almost instantly, and her eyes fell upon a dorky-looking young man with light hair and square glasses.

"I'm so sorry! That was completely my fault. I should be watching where I'm going.. Are you alright?"

She apologised, and the man gave a sheepish laugh.

"T- That's okay, I'm fine. I- ah. It's you."

His expression completely changed when he realised who he was talking to.

Y/n blinked.

"Me? What's wrong with me?"

He looked nervously from left to right, before turning around and walking away from her.

"I- I'm sorry! I've been ordered to not interact with you!"

"Huh!?? Ordered!? By who!?"

He started running when Y/n followed him.

"Wait! Come back, what do you know!?"

The soldier chased the man for a good few minutes, into a whole new part of the building that she didn't know existed.

Eager to learn more about herself, she remained hot on his tail. Now lost,
Y/n realised that without him she had no way to get back to the main part of the building.

However, he skid to a stop as someone called his name.

"Master Kamaji!"

Y/n barely stopped herself from running straight into him. It seemed that as soon as other duties arose, the man had forgotten all about her.

Instead, she simply listened to him converse with the person, breathing heavily as she tried to catch her breath.

"Master Kamaji, I'm so glad I found you. Your beloved has accepted the previous request."

'Kamaji..'

She mentally processed his name, thinking that it sounded familiar. The man in question eventually brought the conversation to a close, giving the person an order and sending them on their way.

He flinched when he turned to see her eyes fixated on him.

"U- uhm.."

"Beloved?" Y/n's head tilted curiously towards him, but her eyes glimmered mischievously.

'Kamaji' coughed, averting his gaze.

"That's- She's-"

"I understand. So who are you exactly?"

At this point he was clearly agitated, realising that Y/n had no intention to stop pressuring him.

With a sigh, he finally gave in.

"Kujou Kamaji, official of the Tenryou Commission. Look, I'm sorry, but if you want information about your past then I'll have to disappoint. We never met."

"Kujou.. Sounds familiar. Are you sure?"

"Yes. I only knew of you by name. We certainly would've had the pleasure of meeting, if a certain sister of mine hadn't jumped to attention whenever your name was mentioned."

Y/n's hand tingled at the mention of his sister, and she opened it to see a scar in the centre of her palm. Her mind felt fuzzy, and she was certain that there had once been an arrow through it.