xᴠɪ. questions

Time flew by as the trio talked, and before they knew it, the sun was setting. Sara got up, claiming that it was time for her to leave, but Ei insisted that she stay the night. She accepted, albeit begrudgingly.

They all decided to retire for the night, and exited the room together. As soon as they did so, however, Ei called out to Y/n.

"Y/n. Come with me."

The soldier was confused, but followed the Archon nonetheless. Eventually, they stopped at a door. Ei pushed it open, and Y/n was met with the stunning sight of probably the grandest room she had ever seen.

Ei smiled. "This is my bedroom. I now realise that I never showed you where to find it, and me, so here we are. Make yourself at home."

Y/n strolled inside, and Ei closed the door behind her. She sat on the edge of Ei's bed, almost melting at its incomparable softness.

Truly one of a kind, just like the woman it belonged to.

Y/n was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a sudden heaviness on her shoulder, and realised that Ei had come to stand directly in front of her. She seemed to have dropped her head in shame, resting it on the soldier and providing said weight.

Hesitantly, Y/n reached out and placed her hands on Ei's arms, which were motionless at her sides. "..Hey. Are you okay?"

She sighed. "...I'm sorry, Y/n. My plan utterly backfired. I didn't know that you and Sara were already acquainted."

"Don't worry, it's absolutely fine."

Ei lifted her head. "Wait. So you're not upset with me?"

"Of course not! Why would I be? I didn't know either, if it makes you feel any better."

Ei laughed shortly. "...Thank you, Y/n, for trying. You've done so much for me in so little time, and I don't know how I could ever repay you.."

"You already have. It was you who saved me and cared for me when I got injured, and it's you who lets me stay here now."

'Yet it's my fault you were impaled in the first place..' Ei gave Y/n a sad smile. "Oh, Y/n. You're too kind."

"Ah, and I should be the one apologising to you." She sighed, pulling the Archon's hand so that she was sat on the bed beside her. They gazed into each other's eyes, searching for answers to unspoken questions.

"Hm?"

"What Miko s-"

Y/n stopped, coming to a realisation. Ei seemed happy now, so was it really worth revisiting old emotions? As she looked at the Archon's peaceful face, she came to the conclusion that it was one she'd rather keep.

She'd do anything to make Ei happy.

So instead, Y/n smiled, squeezing her hand in a silent attempt at reassurance.

"Nevermind." She said, deciding that Ei would tell her if she ever had a problem.

Some time later, Y/n left Ei's room, heading towards her own. The winding hallways went on forever, with turns at every corner.

...Which was how she ended up startled when Kujou Sara was stood at one of these turns.

As soon as they made eye contact, Sara didn't waste any time. She grabbed
Y/n, pinning her against the wall with a scream.

Sara's knee kept her legs in place, her elbows on the wall and her hands covering her mouth. As she looked to the side to make sure that no one heard, Y/n couldn't help but notice how uncomfortably close she was.