xxxɪ. confession

Warmth blossomed in Ei's chest as Y/n's arms settled at her waist. Her kiss was tender and sweet. Y/n's lips cuddled innocently against her own; sent shivers through her body. Ei parted her lips slightly to allow her tongue to slip inside. She could taste their shared breath as Y/n sighed into the kiss, and it was as if her fears had never existed in the first place. As if they had all but melted as soon as the soldier pulled her close.

Ei's lips were tainted by a lingering taste of alcohol, but that didn't matter to Y/n. Everything about her was intoxicating, from the way that her scent invaded her senses to how her back arched with the touch of her palm. It was a single, perfect gesture. A wordless exchange that burned with feelings once confined.

They broke apart; their foreheads rested against each other. Y/n gazed into Ei's love-filled eyes as they tried to slow their breathing. Moonlight danced across her features, basking her in an ethereal glow and complimenting the light blush that now dusted her cheeks.

"It was you, Y/n..." Ei eventually began. "You were the one on my mind, the very reason for my conflict. I know that you may not be able to remember much about yourself, but in the time we've spent together, I... have never felt more content. You helped me let go of my past; you showed me a life I could never have imagined. The life that feels right. My home, with you by my side. You were there for me in my darkest times; you showed me how to care. How it was to feel cared about. Now, when the time comes for you to uncover the truth about yourself, I hope to do the same for you... because... well, during every waking hour, I think about how I wish that things could remain way..."

She paused, her hands gliding away from the soldier's shoulders and wrapping hesitantly around her neck.

"...For eternity."

To Y/n, this whole situation was dumfounding. The idea that a powerful; beautiful Archon such as Ei could possibly fall for a simple soldier such as herself was bizarre. It seemed utterly impossible, but now it was the truth.

The woman that had remained at her side since the day she lost her memories wanted nothing more than to be hers, and at this moment, Y/n didn't want to remember.

To remember a life without Ei in her arms.

The Archon had continued speaking: indistinct, incoherent words. Y/n's gaze drifted to her lips once more; like a magnet, she was entranced. Gently, she tilted her head and pecked them, effectively interrupting her. Not even a moment later, Ei chased after the kiss.

And so, if anyone happened to gaze upon the balcony that night, they may have been able to make out the distant figures of a peculiar pair. An Archon; a soldier. Glass discarded, eyes on the stars. In a world of their own, all else mattered no longer. Not the cold, and not the muffled music that was to play long past dawn. In that moment, they were a simple pair of lovers. And there a pair of lovers stood, talking the night away in each other's embrace.

✧:・゚゚・

The Crimson Finch perched atop the branch of a tree, tweeting its signature melody as it basked in the light of morning sun. In Inazuma, the skies were clear; the city was already abuzz with a variety of sounds.

It was to this melody that our soldier was awoken. She yawned, stretching her arms above her head. Her new dress hung on a hanger beside her closet; a sweet memory of the previous night's events.

Her heart floated in her chest; her lips curled into an airy smile. As per usual, she began to prepare herself for the day ahead. This morning was nothing but ordinary. It was calm; serene. As if Teyvat itself was oblivious to Y/n's euphoric mood; how she hummed a small tune to herself in delight.